Monday, March 17, 2003

SunCatcher

If I could paint, that would be my self-potrait. A image of a semi-transperent me, swinging in the breeze from the edge of my balcony.
This weekend had to be one of the MOST gorgeous weekends I can rememeber in a very, very, very long time. I was out with friends all day Saturday, and managed to actually only spend 30 bucks, which may actually be a Saturday record for me. Saturday night, I had to work - but even that wasn't too bad as everything WENT smoothly (which NEVER happens).
Sunday though - oh mercy Sunday was the kind of day I've dreamt of all winter. I slept in late, awoke and had a very lesuirely breakfast. Then I went out onto my balcony in a wrap, with my brand new copy of Spiritual Midwifery and read. I sipped on a little water as I read, and debated making some tea. I finished reading, and just laid out in the sun. It was a PREFECT day... totally wonderful. I think I was outside dozing on and off from noon until the sky started to cloud up at around 5pm. I then went in the hosue, and settled in to watch Dune on the Scifi channel.
I am really impressed with how they have adapted the books to TV. While I thnk they could have found better actors, the spirit and the scope of the movie was good enough to keep me glued to the screen - and that is saying a lot for me. I watched/taped the first part of Children of Dune as well, and I'm REALLY lookingforward to seeing the rest of that - which is even MORE impressive since I didn't really get into the book that much.
I can't wait to start my garden. I don't think that we are past last frost yet, so I can't actually start PLANTING anything, but tonight I'm going to go out shopping for some plant containers. I saw some nice ones at Kmart, but I'm going to go to BigLots and the Dollar Stores and see if Ican find any for cheaper. I wish I could find a Farmers Market around here so that i could get some wooden crates for free and use those as planters. Hm. Actually I think there IS one, and near my house. I think I will go past there after work tonight.
I've decided that for the tomatoes & strawberries I'm going to get plants, but for the herbs and the vine & root veggies I'm going to use seeds. So - I'm thinking that I might need to start growing them now, so a stop at a nursery might be a good idea at this point too.

No comments: