Friday, March 28, 2003

People

 I've got to vent SOMEWHERE - and as I don't want to vent on the other diary, and I refuse to vent to my mother or friends - I've got to do it here.


I cannot STAND Corey's family. It's true, it's true. I really don't like my in-laws. Corey is one of those people who grew up to be totally NOTHING like the rest of his family - he used them as a guide to 'what NOT to be'. Anyhow - the last straw was this - I got a letter (error #1) addressed solely to me (error #2) asking us (oddd, considering error #2) to consider allowing his grandmother to give us a reception in their hometown. I truely do appreciate the gesture, however - what I DON'T like is the fact that his ENTIRE family on his mothers/grandmothers side (exclusing his brother - and he's still on the fence about it) has decided to NOT come to the wedding because it's too far away. HUH?? How can you say - No - I WON'T go to my OLDEST grandchilds wedding because it would require me to step out of my comfort radious of 100 miles? No - I don't think I have any interest in meeting my future daughter-in-law/granddaughter-in-laws family? How can someone be so selfish? I could totally (and CAN totally) understand someone not being able to come for financial reasons - that was the main reason we moved it to Vegas rather than Jamaica. I can understand someone not being able to take time off to come - that's why we put it on a holiday weekend. I could even understand someone being TOTALLY terrified of airplanes (like MY grandmother - who IS coming)  being not all that willing to come. But - these people have never even BEEN on an airplane. They've never been any further than a day's drive from home - and the fact that they are willing to totally CRUSH Corey by stating that they WON'T come to the wedding (which most likely means his beloved baby brother won't be there either) reallllllllllyyyyy tweaks my nipples.
*sigh* Am I wrong for feeling this way? Should I just accept it and shrug it off and guess that maybe they don't see a wedding as important of an event as I do? And it's not even the fact that it's MY wedding - cuz I don't like em ANYHOW. It's more the fact that it's COREY's wedding - and they are giving off that 'it's not worthy' vibe - which I so easily transalte into 'he's not worthy'. And dammit - if there is a man who DESERVES to have a family worthy of HIM - it's Corey. He ain't perfect - but he is soooo very good.


So. I'm upset. I'm not going to show it (and I'm wondering if ettiqute dicates I STILL send them invites) and I'm not going to let Corey know (I can only talk BUT so much bad about them) but... I had to get that off my chest. It hurts my feelings cuz I KNOW it's hurting his feelings.


Eh. Screw em.


Jasmyn

No comments: