Monday, April 21, 2003

Collation

I'm having one of those days where every second I spend at work feels like a waste of time. I know there is some useful way for me to spend this time, but I'm not sure what. Once I get my grubby little hands on this website I'm going to be working on that will give me something to distract myself with.

I'm keeping an expense report for every penny I spend. It makes me A LOT more aware of where my money goes. My challenge to myself is to spend as little money as possible each week. We'll see how well it goes.

I am going to cook tonight- the stir fried rice. I didn't get the ingredients for the Rueben casserole because I was at my spending limit, but I will most likely just cook some chicken or something for lunch for the rest of the week instead.

I'm going to start organizing my books as well this week. During the riproaring green silk hunt I went through last night, I ran across a few more books, and I need to finally create a list of books that I own. I signed up for bookcrossings finally, and I want to put up a list of the books I'm willing to share ASAP - I hve my eye on one particular book that I want to read BADLY and there are three copies of them available on BC. So - that's exciting.

I've been rather quiet lately at work - just not feeling a particular desire to talk to my coworkers at all. At lunch, or just in general, I feel like there isn't much that I would want to even discuss with them. I wonder if I am starting to pull away from the people here because I'm changing, or because I know that I will be leaving soon, or what - but I just haven't felt like dealing with them much.

For Easter, we went to spend half the day with Corey's family - and it went really well. I have to wonder if it went so smoothly because we weren't in his grandmothers house. I swear - I hope whoever owns that house after them does a really GOOD cleansing of it. One of my favorite little people was there - Ephraim. He's 11 months old, and an absolute ANGEL. So, I had baby arms all day - and there wasn't even that many comments about me 'praticing'.
I really like children - they are so active and creative and curious and INTELLIGENT. Children don't have nearly the amount of knowledge that adults do, but I swear, most kids are smarter than most adults.

Okay. I've done enough typing for now. I think I'll clean out my files.

No comments: