Friday, April 4, 2003

*Survey*

I am unspeakably bored. I might actually do more than one. Damn that Sruvey Circle!!




FAITH
1. What religion do you follow?
None at all – I call myself pagan, but that’s not a religion.
2. What religion were you raised as?
Muslim from 2 until 18.
3. Do you believe that forgiveness is a religious property or a human property?
As in can only God forgive or can humans forgive? I believe that forgiveness is solely a human property – what proof would I ever get that God has forgiven me? At least with humans, you get true feedback.
4. Do you believe in magic?
Yes
5. What was the last promise you broke?
Hm – most likely to not drink until April 1st.
6. Have you ever said the words to a prayer and not meant it?
Oh yes! It’s a very nasty feeling – I stopped doing it after I left college. I will stand silent and handle the human issues rather than speak and brand myself a hypocrite.
7. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect?
No.
HOPE
1. Did you get everything you wanted over the last holiday season?
Since I didn’t want anything, yes.
2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for?
To live a fulfilled life.
3. Do you let yourself get your hopes up for something even if you know that there is a large chance of failure?
No – I’m a grand pessimist. If figure it’s a win-win situation – if I get want I want it’s an EXTRA jolt of joy, and if I don’t then I don’t crash from the dissapointment.
4. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket?
Yes – but only once the jackpot goes over 100 million.
5. Do you gamble?
No – I’m too cheap to give away my money (despite the answer to the previous question). Ask me again once I’m back from the wedding.
6. Have you ever had something called off on account of bad weather, but then gone ahead and done it anyway?
Not that I can remember…
7. What does "hope deferred" mean to you?
The first thought? Raisin in the Sun . It means an understanding that what you most hope for will never happen for you – but it may happen for your children or your children’s children. That was SUCH a depressing play.
CHARITY
1. What causes do you support?
Planned Parenthood gets my money, The Breast Cancer Website gets my clicks, UNICEF gets some money occasionally, and Goodwill gets whatever’s left.
2. What causes have you given money or time to?
See Above.
3. Have you ever worked in a soup kitchen or done another kind of outreach for the homeless?
Yes – did it regularly in college.
4. Would you ever consider joining the Peace Corps, Amnesty International, or another travel-inherent worldwide charity group?
I’ve thought about it – but I like being comfortable and relatively bug-free, and PC always seemed to involve the exact opposite.
5. Do you give money to the homeless on the street?
No. I will buy them food but after dealing with the ‘bums’ in Atlanta ( who made more money than I did) I no longer will.
6. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food?
Food yes – I’ve never been flush enough to help someone ELSE with rent.
7. What's the greatest extent you've gone to help a friend in need?
I drove a friend to Dayton ( a three hour trip) after work and then drove back.
FORTITUDE
1. What are you most afraid of?
Losing family to death. I can handle me dying, but I’m not ready for anyone else to die.
2. What did you do today that was really brave?
Not a dang thing. There aren’t many places to express bravery in my life.
3. Who is your favorite super hero, and why?
Don’t have one.
4. Would you put your life in danger to rescue someone?
Depends on who the someone was.
5. If you were to face the Wizard, would you want more courage, more brains, or more heart?
More money realistically – but from those choices I’d have to say more courage.
6. Have you ever gotten stage fright?
I always get stage TERRIFIED – my heart starts racing, all the blood rushes out of my hands my back gets twitchy – but I LOVE being in front of people – and no one notices my trembling but me.
7. Do you consider yourself to be a leader or a follower?
I walk my own path.
JUSTICE
1. Have you ever been summoned for jury duty?
Yes, but I was in school so I was excused.
2. If they reinstituted the draft (for both genders), would you go, or would find some way out of it?
No. I refuse to give up that much power over my own life.
3. Do you support capital punishment (the death penalty)?
Gingerly. Too many innocent people have died – but then there are some truly evil people who deserved it. Though I have to admit, Gandalf’s speech makes me reconsider that every time I read it.
4. Which should be guaranteed legal: cocaine, marijuana, heroin?
Marijuana. I believe that if it was made legal the US could tax it and eliminate the deficit REALLY quickly. Also – from the three it is the least physically addictive.
5. Do you believe that Dubya is rightfully President of the USA?
No. The fact that the final decision was made by the appointed – not elected - Supreme Court (whether they were right our not) means that the final decision was NOT the People’s.
6. What was your favorite media circus trial?
The Anna Nicole Smith fiasco. I laughed my ass off through most of it.
7. Do you find grace offensive?
No – I’ve always strived to be graceful
TEMPERANCE
1. What do you have the hardest time moderating yourself on?
Alcohol. It’s sooooo tasty.
2. Do you collect anything?
Books.
3. Are you addicted to anything?
No – but mainly because I think that I have an addictive personality – and if I let myself go I could be hooked on a lot of not so good things.
4. Have you ever put anything on layaway or used an installment plan?
I think so – a coat one year I was in school?
5. What's your preferred method of paying for things?
Debit card usually – I try to hold the credit cards back (note the TRY). I rarely have or use foldable cash.
6. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do:
Credit cards, credit cards, credit cards.
7. Do you feel that you obsess over things?
I was going to say no, but really – yes. All the time.
PRUDENCE
1. Who is the wisest person you know?
I don’t know – I know a LOT of dingbats.
2. Have you ever participated in a vigil?
No.
3. Do you take advice when it's given?
It depends on how attached I am to my current course of action. If I haven’t made up my mind, I’ll take it and factor it into my decision, but if I’ve made up my mind you have to convince me that your advice/way is better.
4. What area are you wisest in?
I’m a Jill of all Trades – I own many knives and none of them are sharp.
5. Do you drive defensively?
I drive cussingly.
6. Have you ever had unprotected sex outside of marriage?
*snorts * Yeah.
7. What did you learn today?
That a double cheeseburger with everything on it is plenty for lunch – ordering the triple is just BAD.

No comments: