Friday, April 4, 2003

*Survey*

Location: The Midwest
Religion: None
Party: I don’t have a political party of choice. When I vote, I do so based on the platform – which usually turns out to be Democratic. As far as my personal leanings go, I’m a Libertarian.

War with Iraq: It’s an illegal invasion that the current administration whipped up support for by convincing the American people that this was the only way to go. I think it’s a waste of lives and a shameful waste of money. Assassination would have been quicker, easier, and just as legal.

Abortion: I’m pro-choice. I don’t understand the women who use it as a form of delayed birth control – but just because some people misuse it doesn’t mean that is isn’t sometimes the best choice.

The Economy: Sadly enough – the economy is one area of the world that I tend not to keep track of. My PERSONAL economy on the other hand – that just plain sucks.

Homeland Security: Homeland? Am I the only one for whom that brings up images of Germany? But – as far as that goes, I think it’s a farce. I’m not sure what the end goal of it is, but something tells me that it’s not going to end up with America being more secure. Then again it might – I’ve come to accept the fact that we would have to change our Culture in order to be truly ‘secure’ and that’s not happening.

Marijuana: It should be legal, and if sold – it should have the HELL taxed out of it. I’m all for luxury taxes.

The UN: Once again – I don’t have much of an opinion. I think that they have kowtowed for the US a little too much – and now that they disagree they find that like a spoiled child, we are going to do what we want to do anyway.

North Korea: I think that NK is a major danger – and that if Kim feels the least bit pressured he will toss a nuke another country’s way.

G. W. Bush: I think the years of ‘heavy drinking’ and cocaine use have taken a serious toll on his mind. Remember the old school “this is your brain on drugs” ads? GW is SCRAMBLED.
Science Funding: Interestingly enough, I think that we should cut back on theoretical science funding and work on using the technology we have to improve the living conditions in the US.

Education: Craptastic. Unless you are financially stable enough to live in a GREAT school district or have the money to send your child to public school, pre-college education is crappy.

No comments: