Tuesday, April 8, 2003

Oprah

For a while, I could never really understand the attraction that SO many women have to Oprah. I've known some women who are TOTAL Oprah-fanatics - and in a way it's alway freaked me out.

Today - she had a show on called "What Should I Do with my life?" and my mother stopped to watch it. Can I say HALLUEIEH??? There was a lawyer who was making 300K who quit his job to open a bakery. There was the rocket scientist who started a dating service. There was the 4th generation corporate mogul - who quit to become a cop. And as my mother watched the show - something in her eased. I think that she was reassured by the fact that I'm NOT crazy to be willing to give up loads of money in order to be happy. So - she's agreeed that our next conversation about money will not focus ON money - but instead on what it will take for me to be happy.

So - thank you Oprah. Thank you sooo much.

No comments: