Friday, April 4, 2003

Loser

I never thought I would have the patience to reall lose weight. I'm definitely a child of my times - I want it right and I want it NOW. But - this time, I've managed to stick with it - which is actually relly exceptional for me.
My weight loss has slowed down A LOT - I'm losing about a pound or so a week - some weeks I actually lose two. Going from dropping 4 pounds in a week to 2 is a bit of a shock, but - it's the little things that keep me going.
Last night, I fit back into my graduation dress - which is a 16W. In 8 months, I've gone from a 22/24 to a 16. That's FOUR dress sizes. Wow. The odd thing is that - I honestly can't see it. My clothes are getting bigger, I really need to buy all new bras, my undies are getting bigger - but I can't/don't really SEE myself as any smaller. Even my coworkes comment on the weight I've lost - and it actually kinda scares me that I don't really look any smaller to myself in the mirror. I wonder at what point will I be able to look in the mirror and think 'Wow. I've REALLY lost a lot of weight'. Actually - I think that maybe taking a picture would be better.
That's what catapulted me onto the path of I 'HAVE' to lose weight - a picture. Last March, me and Corey went on a trip to St. Louis, and while we were there, we had someone take pictures of us in front of the Arch. I looked at those pictures when I finally got them developed (Mid April) and I was HORRIFIED. I was HUGE - a walking embodiement of being big as a house. It took me a few more months, but finally I just buckled down to it.

Eh. Rambly, rambly entry.

It's friday! I get to see my light tonight! :) :) Too many hours left..

No comments: