Monday, April 14, 2003

The Monthly Menu

Breakfast
Week One
Boiled Eggs
Week Two
Granola
Week Three
Yogurt
Week Four
Mini Burger /Spicy Sausage Balls

Lunch
Week One
Rueben Casserole
Stir Fried Rice
Week Two
BBQ Wings and coleslaw
Crab cakes and Sautéed Spinach
Week Three
Italian Spaghetti Casserole
Lasagna
Week Four
Shepard’s Pie
Pulled Pork and Cornbread and Greens

Dinner
Week One
1 Stir Fried Rice
2 Kohlrabi Mix
3 Steak & Turnip
4 Reuben Casserole
Week Two
1 Crab cakes & Spinach
2 Steak & Veggie
3 BBQ Chicken & Cornbread
4 Lemon Salmon & Asparagus
Week Three
1 Turnip Mix
2 Chicken & Veggies
3 Steak & Veggies
4 Beef Stroganoff
Week Four
1 Pulled BBQ & Corn Bread
2 Steak & Veggies
3 Hot Dogs & Sauerkraut
4 Fish & Veggies






Well - doesn't that just look like a PEACH of a menu? My goal is to eat the 'carbiest' meal at lunch - start the morning with mostly protein, and end the day with protien and veggies. My grocery list was actually shorter than expected - I don't think I should have too much of a problem keeping it in the rough range of 200/300 bucks.
I also want to try to make as much as I can - that way I can cut out more hidden carbs, and also save a little money (at least on some things). I truly truly love the fact that I can lose weight, improve my health and energy and eat yuuuummmmmyyyyyyliscous foods too.

I've gone and made myself hungry now. :)

No comments: