Thursday, April 10, 2003

Dreaming

Is it sad when I WANT to sleep for as long as possible because my dreams are SOO fascinating?

My post-snooze dream today involved me visiting some woman - I'm not sure if I knew here or not. I was actually in an apartment that looked rather like the ghetto hovel I lived in during senior year. We were planning on going out, but I wanted wait until Dwayne Johnson (because I'm too ashamed to use his entertainment name) (though it's almost sadder that I KNOW his real name) came to the house because I wanted to give him something. He came to the door - I opened the door, gave him a kiss (which considering he's close to a foot and a half taller than me is damn near impossible) and then handed him a gold wedding band as I whisepered that I wanted him to come around to the back door.
So - I go to the back bedroom and procede to take a shower. The bedroom led to a open air balcony, and there is a series of steps that came up to it. Mind you - the rest of the apartment is on ground level. The shower was this HUGE plate sized head mounted on the wall - with a Little Mermaid themed control that plugged into an electric socket that I simply could not get to work. While I was fighting to get the shower temperature just right without setting off the sounds or the smells that could accentuate the showering experience (I'm really picky about my hot water) I noticed out of the window there were all these 13-16 year old kids on the balcony WATCHING me. I closed the shades on the window - but still left the door wide open as they couldn't see me through that for some reason. AS I'm still fighting this shower, and waiting for Dwayne, some rap artist came up the back steps and was SWARMED by these kids. I finally got SO frustrated with the shower controls that I woke myself up to go and take a real shower.

What I didn't realize until I was in my real (hotHotHOT) shower - was that the shower in my dream wasn't in a tub, or even on a tile surface. The base of the shower was a FUTON covered with a army green sheet - and I kept moving the futon so that the water would only hit that. But in the dream - the fact that I was trying to take a shower on a futon was utterly uremarkable.

:) Mind you - the only reason I remember this dream is because it was after I hit the snooze button, but before I actually woke myself up out of bed. Usually Nikki makes me get up to feed them before I can settle into my snooze dreams really good. Today though - he was napping next to me, and occasionally would pat my arm with his paw. Such a sweetie he is.

No comments: