Thursday, April 24, 2003

Comparison

I'm sitting here debating if I'm going to spend 25 bucks for 125 bags of tea. It's Good Earth Original, Caffeine Free, Sweet and Spicy Herb blend. The stuff is FABULOUS - and I go through 2 bags a day. I ran out of that, and out of my ginger tea, so now I"m reduced to drinking some Celestial Seasonings tea. Bleh. It's odd how much my tastes have changed from drinking herb teas - the Celestial Seasoning teas just don't taste good anymore. The main reason that I'm holding abck from placing the order is because I don't really NEED the tea - I can drink my Celestial Seasonings just fine, and because I'm not totally sure that is the cheapest price I can find. I might swing by Trader Joes to see if they have any - and while I'm up there go to Costco again and see if they sell it - which I doubt.

I've got this coworker who has a daughter - a heavy girl - who got a breast reduction a few years ago. Ever since one lunch we went to together, she keeps trying to talk me into getting a breast reduction. Why? I - personally - happen to LOVE the shape of my body. I've got big hips, a big ole round ass, a (relatively) little wasit, and a pair of bodacious boobs. I'd like for everything to be a LOT smaller, but in general - the proportions are great. I'm very balanced body wise, and it puzzles me why she is so gungho about me getting the girls gouged. It would be different if I couldn't carry them - like if I was a size 6 and my boobs were still DDD. Or even if they DID fit - but my back was constantly hurting. But neither of those situations are true - and I doubt that they will be true for a good little while. Everytime I've lost weight, I've NEVER lost any boobage at all. In fact, my boobs tend to look like they get bigger when I lose weight because everything is getting smaller. I might get to a point (like the aforementioned size 6 with DDD's) that I might THINK about getting them reduced, but then again, I might not. Hell - women PAY to have boobs like mine, and I'm rather used to (and know how to handle) men who seem to think that my eyes are nipples. It's just an odd conversation to have to have with someone more than once. Besides - I think her daughters boobs are too small...

I'm being prolific today - enjoying the little corner of comfort I've carved out for myself at work. I've got pictures up, I've finally figured out (or lost enough weight) that I can sit cross legged in my office chair, and I've got LaunchCast to listen to. It's good.

No comments: