Thursday, March 23, 2006

Music!!!!

All of you wonderful people who love music - whether you have an iPod or other Mp3 playing device, or whether you just love toburn CD's - this is a public service announcment.


www.musicmp3.ru  I know, I know - it's a russian site. But still......


Go head, click on the link, I'll wait.


It's really simple to use - it's set up with a prepay system - you put a certain amount of money into your account, and then shop til your little heart gasps and dies from the musiclove. I've been using it for - gah! - since I got my iPod, and still, every time I go shopping I'm all - verkelmpt.


Anyhow!!! The part that rocks about this site (and yet is shady at the same time) is that they charge you by the bit. As in, depending on how long the album is, the price changes. I still don't think I've ever brought an album that cost more than 1.00.


Yeah, I said ONE DOLLAR. For a WHOLE ALBUM. I can't tell the difference between a song that I've gotten off of this website, and a song that I've gotten off a CD.


So, anyhow - I got home last night, and I was kinda lurking around my PC hoping to catch a friend when she got on, and decided that I would clean out the last bit of money in the account. I had a little under 20 bucks - 19.7something or something like that. This is what I got:


 Shakira: Oral Fixation, Vol 2 (this was the last one I got - I still want to get Laundry Service too)
 O-Zone: Disco Zone (These are the people who did the infamous Numa-Numa song - even though I can't understand a WORD of what they are saying - it's a good Euro-Techno album)
 Mattafix: Signs of a Struggle (They had a good review of this group, so I got it - I listened to the whole album last night - oh my god!! So good - reggae/R&B/electronic/techno - it's wonderful!!)
 Heather Headley: In My Mind (She's a wonderful R&B singer - I thought I owned her first album already but I couldn't find it)
 Joss Stone: Mind, Body & Soul (I had been itching to get Joss Stone for a while - I LOVE her voice - so, I had to get both of her albums)
 Joss Stone: The Soul Sessions
 Pink: Missundaztood (I used to own this CD, but I broke it like - 3 or four times - so I just gave up buying it...but I love me some Pink - so I got this one, and her other two albums. She hasn't released the new one yet it seems.)
 Pink: Try This 
 Pink: Can't Take Me Home
 Common:  Be (This is his latest album - I LOVE Faithful, and I have his previous album, so I figured I'd get this one)
 Latoya London:  Love And Life (I read a review for her on the website, and the samples of her songs sounded really good)
 Nappy Roots: Watermelon, Chicken And Gritz (It's Nappy Roots!!! I love the R&B/HipHop blends)
 Nappy Roots: Wooden Leather
 Kem: Album II (I've heard people RAVE about him, and he's a grown up R&B sound rather than the whiny ass boys that seem to be doing all the singing now adays (Ne-yo, I'm talking to you)
 Kem: Kemistry
 Dido: One Step Too Far (I'm not sure what this album is - it seems to have some songs that are on No Angel, but then there are also some new/old stuff??)
 Natasha Bedingfield: Unwritten (This is one woman that when her songs come on the radio (Unwritten and These Words are the only ones that have been released yet) I start rocking out in the car for certain - this girl can SANG!)
 Matisyahu: Youth (This guy is an Orthodox Jew who sings Reggae. Yeah, I had to hear it too - it sounds good - but I haven't listened to the whole album) 
 Pussycat Dolls: PCD (Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?? Yeah - I had to get ONE utterly braindead pop album)
 Prince: 3121 (It's PRINCE. Do I really need to say anymore???)


So - I got all that - for under 20 bucks. It's better than a barn sale. It's like - the BESTEST. I usually go, have an orgy of buying and downloading, and then stop for like 3 months before I go through it again. The only downside of the place is downloading the songs that you've purchased - you have to do it ONE AT A TIME. With firefox, it's not so bad, because you can run 8 downloads at the same time (or at least that's all my computer would do),  where as using IE, you can only do TWO at a time. Ughha. But - dammit - it's WORTH it.


*boogies away*

No comments: