Wednesday, March 8, 2006

So, write?

I've realized that So & Anyhow are my two 'words'.  Anyhow (see!!), I'm gonna be rambling.


1) EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee!! The client (remember, the one that AM never responded to me about and I was all worried that her & her husband hated me??) lost her mucus plug AND is 1cm!!! eeeeeeeee!!! She's due the 23rd, so - Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!


2) Somehow (*glares at a certain diarist*) I've gotten sucked into trying to finish a short story EVERY MONTH. Every month ya'll. Oh, my god. Okay - two things I've learned, right? a) I really ain't fond of short stories - I usually have too much stuff going on to squeeze it into 5000 words or so. b) I have a hard time finishing stuff - I want the endings to be funny and smart and suprising and GOOD and a lot of times they just seem to - trickle - to an end. 
But!! At least I'm working on FINISHING them. And one cool thing about short stories is that - well, they're short. They are easy to edit, and easy to read through, and it's practically impossible to lose track of a plot point. Now, if I could just finish one. Ohhh.... I might have my very own 'First Rejection Letter' soon.


3) I've started on writing out my 'Life Plan' and really - most of the stuff on there isn't scary AT ALL.  It's really just another way to keep me organized. I managed to knock off one or two things at work yesterday - stuff that requires research and online purchase and the like. But - it's makes it all so much CLEARER when I do it like this - it pushes the thought of just quitting to the back of my mind, and forces me to focus on the path to being ABLE to quit, rather than letting focus on the despondency of the fact that I can't do it right NOW! *stomps foot* Anyhow - I think it's going to be very useful.


4) Lunchtime!

No comments: