Monday, March 13, 2006

The Rituals


Now, I KNOW that Kemetism is not Wicca, in any way shape or form. However - it makes - sense to me - the structure of the Wiccan rituals. Opening and closing a circle gives me a tingle of connection - a feeling of an uprising of energy and potential. With that in mind - here is the information that I've found about rituals.



Daily Rites are something that was actually created by HoN - which makes sense - or at least I claim it makes sense because it didn't feel quite - right. In my head, there is a difference from daily RITUAL, and daily communion with the All. So - I doubt that daily RITUAL will become part of my practice - but there will be something - perhaps a little more casual instead.

DirectionFemaleMaleQuality
EastNbt-HetHapiEducation
SouthSerqetQebhsenufHealth
WestAstAmsetSpirituality
NorthNitDuamutefFinance

The remaining netjer in the ritual are:
Nut the feminine principle, whose essence corresponds to Heaven (Air)
Geb the masculine principle, whose essence corresponds to Earth
Shu the masculine principle, whose essence corresponds to Fire (light in the air)
Tefnut the feminine principle, whose essence corresponds to Water (moisture in air)
Paut Ntrw, The NTRW in the pre-existent, "water like" chaos form (Spirit)

And then, of course, there are the feast day rituals - which from my reading so far, seem to mainly be a celebration of the Netjer, including special offerings. In fact, interestingly enough, all of the rituals are pretty similar - it's just a matter of how elaborate they are.


No comments: