Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Review

Lately, I've been thinking/talking a lot about the subject of honesty, as well as about community building. I have to say, that when I first start something, I tend to immerse myself as deeply as possible - and then I pull back some, and let it soak in - and then I repeat that cycle. Soak a lot in, let it settle, soak a lot in, let it settle. Anyhow, over the last week or so I've been - letting it settle, and just thinking about what I want out of this search, as well as honestly evaluating myself to see whether or not I believe that I can live up to what I am suggesting that I do.
Anyhow - in my discussions around honesty, and community building, I've been thinking about Ma'at as a political/social tool. Ancient Egypt is often held up as being one of the longer lasting stable societies, and I have to wonder how much Ma'at influnced that - esp. the 42 Declarations. Considering how often it is said that the was no separation between secular and spiritual, as well as the fact that theocracies tend to be the longest lasting stable structures - it's - interesting to wonder what a society that was founded on Ma'at would look like today - it's interesting to think about what the 42 should look like today in order to apply to our daily 21st century life.
What a commune that would be.

No comments: