Friday, March 31, 2006

Just Simmering Now....

So - this is going to be my comments that go into my final review (CSA) file. Since there is no documentation (which is shady anyhow if I was such a HORRID employee) it's all jsut my word against her word, but - I just found out TODAY that they review your CSA anytime you apply for internal positions. Nice, eh? I guess it's good I don't want to change groups anytime soon.


Anyhow - names blanked out to protect the bitches.


Formal Disagreement with CSA 2005One on Ones
May 20, 2005
June 15, 2005
July 20, 2005
August 8, 2005
September 14, 2005
October 12, 2005


OldBoss and I had regular one on ones throughout the time that she was at IP (before her maternity leave), and during these one on ones, I was repeatedly told that I was meeting expectations, and that she was getting positive feedback from other coworkers around my completion of tasks and my rate of learning the responsibilities of my new position.


Emails with Performance Comments

04/12/2005 – neutral
04/14/2005 – positive
05/03/2005 – positive
05/10/2005 – positive
06/02/2005 – positive
06/17/2005 – negative
06/24/2005 – neutral
07/12/2005 – positive
07/21/2005 – negative
08/18/2005 – positive
08/25/2005 – positive
09/21/2005 – neutral

This represents the list of emails that I received from Katie referencing some assignment that I had been given or volunteered for. Out of the 12 emails received, 7 had statements of outright praise for my actions (58%) , 3 had neither obviously positive or obviously negative comment (25%), and only 2 had outright negative comments (16%) – both of which where phrased in a way which asked me if I was aware that I needed to do a certain task. Since no one is perfect, I considered those to be negative remarks. One of the positive emails referenced the fact that I was going to be doing Primary production support – which is not a task that would logically be assigned to an employee who has no drive and lacks attention to detail.


CSA Comments
Reviewing my full CSA, I notice that in all of the objective sections, my manager noted that I had met the targets that were expected of me, including “Achieve all Project Milestones as denoted within the Integrated Work Plan”. If this target was met, how is it possible that I also put the same project tasks at risk?


Overall, not only do I disagree with my reported competency, I deeply disagree with how it was managed. In every position that I have held previously, if there was an issue with an employees performance, the employee was notified long before the final review time, given guidelines around what should be done, as well as support in changing the negative behaviors. Only once was I told of a failing in my performance, which occurred in the early months of my tenure at IP (no later than May), and that failing was due to a lack of clarity around the precise responsibilities of my job. At that point in time I requested that any failing of mine be brought to my attention immediately, as it is impossible for me to correct a failing that I am not aware of.


Because of the following, I strongly disagree with my final performance comments and ranking.
1) I was verbally informed that I would be ranked at least REC (Results Exceed Commitment) or RMC (Results Met Commitments) before OldBoss left for maternity leave.

2) I never received any negative feedback around my performance from my management or my peers.

3) I did not have a final review with OldBoss before she left the company to allow her to clarify her comments, or to document the situations in which I exhibited performance that was below her expectations.

No comments: