Friday, March 31, 2006

Peace

There are times when I simply cannot find peace. I'm too full of wants/needs/musthaves that are not in reach - that my whole being seems to just be spinning helplessly in circles. I'm a very logical person - I don't function well with uncertainty or sudden changes, and when I am shaken from my normal place of calm, it takes me a while to settle back into that state. For me, a large reason why I am - craving - a spiritual place/path is so that I can have a shortcut to peace. A quick way to slip out of the confusion and dizziness that I manage to get sucked into simply by going through life - and to slip into my centered naturally peaceful core.My usual quickest route to peace is nature - sitting under a tree, staring at the sky, listening to silence and smelling earth - but over the years - that has become less and less effective. I'm afraid that I'm losing touch with the - openess that allowed just the environment to calm me. Or maybe I'm growing so that what disturbs me is major enough that the simplistic things can no longer 'bring me down'. Serene.
Peaceful.
Calm.
Willow.
Grace.

No comments: