Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Settled, I think.....

I've got more blogs than any one person should, and as I realized that I was scattering my thoughts and musings on the Journey over all of them, I finally settled on creating an entirely NEW space specifially for posts on this topic. I started off at Blogger, then once I realized that it seemed like there were HUNDREDS of Kemetics at LJ, I switched over here.
Thus far, I'm happy - I wish that my update page could look like my journal, but - that's a minor thing. I love the colors on my page, and while I can't customize it as much as I would like - it will do very nicely for what I need.




So. I spent most of yesterday putting together an simultaneous Gregorian/Egyptian Civil calendar. I have one listing of festival days that I plan on integrating to it, but - I will need to study the festivals more, and grasp a better understanding of what they were for.
That's the one thing that scares me, and yet attracts me towards Kemetism - it is an HUGE source of information - yet because there are no practioners (besides those folk hidden in Nubia) that have been practicing since the days of the Pharoahs, there is - esp. as a solitary - a good bit of wiggle room as far as how you - interpet - various things. And then of course, there's the whole translation bit, and well - it gets fun.

It's interesting. In my mind - I'm not going to be a Kemetic. I'm going to be someone who follows the Way of Ma'at (I'd love to see if that is a phrase!) which - while very similar, is still very different. I haven't had any of the Netjeru 'tap me on the shoulder' (besides Ma'at, of course!) and - I'm honestly not sure if I will. As I mentioned in my first entry - my goal is to find a path that feels authentic to ME that helps me commune with the All. I don't know if I need a God to do that.

*smiles*

I'm SO happy that I have a place where I can just ramble on forEVER about this. My hubby - he is a lapsed Christian, and while he isn't dismissive of the Heathen that I am, he's really not interested in listening to be babble on about that OR about birth, for that matter. And regretfully, living in the Bible Belt of the South as I am - there aren't many other Kemetics in real life here. There are quite a few pagans of other shades - but. Well. Let's just say that I think that my choice to remain solitary is a wise one. *tilts head* The community is big enough that I'm going to tip-toe into it VERY carefully - analysing everyone I meet on their merits at THAT point in time.

*grins* I have to admit though, I FINALLY went to a Full Moon ritual over the weekend (and it did bother me a bit that the moon wasn't actually FULL - it was just the closest Saturday) and it felt - WONDERFUL. I still couldn't really 'click' with the Euro/Celtic deities, but man - just the feeling - it was - intoxicating. It was WONDERFUL. And for the first time (maybe because it was a small group AND because I knew the Ritual Leader) I felt REALLY comfortable. Felt a little goofy because I didn't know (for example) who a goddess of the West would be - but it didn't bother me nearly as much. *laughs* I realized it's rather like asking a Buddhist who is the Patron Saint of Traveling - it's a bit of information that MAY have been picked up - but it's so far outside of your personal spiritual path that it wasn't kept.
So, I think I'm going to keep going to the Full Moon rituals - just including personal rites that fit ME best. *smiles* And that feels - right.

Okay - I've a few hours left, I really want to find a GOOD copy of the 42 that I can memorize.

No comments: