Thursday, March 23, 2006

Slow Furious Boil *edited*

That son of a BITCH!


Okay - I just got out of my yearly review. And - oh, my GOD - I've never gotten a review this bad in my LIFE.  I think I may have mentioned that I was off work for the last 6 weeks of last year after Thanksgiving due to my tumble down the stairs - and I'm wondering how much that impacts this review.


Now - My boss - the one who wrote this - left on Maternity leave in mid October. I had been working her since March, and we had regular one-on-ones. I was ALWAYS told that I was doing well - working well within the team - learning quickly - meeting all of my goals. In the very begininning I was told that I had screwed something up - almost a MONTH after it had happened - and I immeadiately said that if I screw up, I want to be told THAT instant - at the very latest the next day. She agreed to that - and as I NEVER heard anything negative about my work AFTER that point, I assumed that I was doing allright.


This - THIS shit is what was written as the FINAL comments on my review:


Comment on any significant results or shortfalls not mentioned by the individual and the contributing factors.
K. did not exhibit the drive required for her position. Her lack of attention to detail, primarily in the area of integration model builds and documentation put several project tasks at risk.


Based on input from the employee, peers, customers and your own observations, summarize overall performance and the trend of performance, including the employee's demonstrated ability to grow with the job. Comment on how results were accomplished and compentencies (managerial/leadership and/or technical) impacted performance.
Overall, K's performance did not meet expectations/commitment. She left many loose ends and errors in her work, leaving others to find and correct. Her communication, listening and team interaction skills need improvement. She will have to work very hard to gain back the trust of project team members for her to once again take on critical tasks.


Supervisor's Manager Comments
K. must focus on improving performance and will need to work with the team manager closely in 2006 to measure and monitor progess.


Rating:
Results did not meet commitment.


 




 


I'm so FUCKING furious I'm sitting here holding backs tears. I KNOW exactly where this SHIT came from, and it's the SAME fucking coworker I was talking about yesterday who doesn't like me. I'm - I'm - I don't know who the FUCK that employee is that they are talking about, but it ISN'T me. I've NEVER, in all of my fucking LIFE gotten a review even CLOSE to that. That - that - *gibbers with rage*


I NEVER heard anything even remotley close to this. I NEVER heard that I was doing BADLY, and I CERTAINLY was never told about mistakes that my COWORKERS had to correct. I wasn't even told when I put PROEJCT TASKS at risk due to my 'screwing up' And THIS is the shit that she wraps up my fucking REVIEW with?


And of course - SHE isn't here anymore to explain what the FUCK I did to deserve this. The only thing I can even THINK of was how fast I left during my medical leave - but shit, I didn't know I was going to be out for 6 weeks!!! I didn't have CHANCE to wrap upo loose ends and shit, and if my whole fucking rating was based on NOT being here for the last few weeks of the year - oh my FUCKING god!!!!  


I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING MAD.


*cries*


Oh my GOD.


These motherfuckers can kiss my ass. I'm going to lunch.


 




 


Edited: Oh yessssss - I can comment on it. And trust me, I'm GOING to HR to see if they have a copy of the one on ones that we had. And trust me, I WILL be commenting. I had to vent all this out so that I CAN write my comments free of cussing and narroweyed rage.


Luckily enough - one small silver lining in this whole pile of bullshit - is that my current boss was my interim boss while the one who wrote THAT shit was on Maternity Leave - and HE says that he's never seen any IMPLICATIONS that my work was along those lines, and in his mind, once this is signed and filed, it's done, over with, and we will work together as if it never happened.


I'm still fucking furious. I talked to C over lunch, and he's wondering if it's prejudice - you know how us Nigras like to play when the boss is away. *enraged glare* I swear, if my previous boss still lived in the area I would CALL her - I still have her cellphone number - and see exactly WHERE that shit came from.


*rage*


 Let me go and call HR.

No comments: