Wednesday, May 3, 2000

So Long, Farewell

Today is the Senior Farewell(s) where each department has a little something to wish the seniors who are graduating good-bye. Our department is having one as well, and sadly enough I can't even muster up the enthusiasm that I should have for this. All I want at this point is a B-/C average this semester and joy, joy, joy will flow through & into me. I tried to dress up today in a cute little summery dress, and some sexy sexy heels...and all I can think is what was I tripping on? I need heavy duty clothes to endure extends amounts of time in this cold lab. I think I understand the whole concept of senior week better now...any other time the end of the semester is just that... the end of one with a pause until the next comes up. But here & now, this is the END. And everything matters so much more.
I talked on the phone to one of my 'acquaintence' types last night for almost 5 hours. I had been avoiding him for quite a long time, mainly because our relationship was founded on sex, and I wasn't interested in trying to fend off any approaches. I prefer to simply avoid circumstances where I get approached. The conversation however was fun. He is an intelligent man, relatively mature, and cool. *shrugs* I guess that is enough to get a conversation out of me. The importance of that? nothing much...but me being tired isn't helping the process much.
I wish that I had something else to talk abot other than school, but everything has recedeed into the dim back regions of my mind in the face of this...the last hump.
It's odd...I know I am going to summer school...but the two classes that I am taking are going to be minor compared to the madness I think I am going through now.
*deep breath* okay... my writing break is over for the day...I need to get some work done before I say 'farewell'.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: