Sunday, May 28, 2000

Dance Fever

I too can FREE my mind….. cuz I KNOW my ass will follow.

Papi drove me to L.’s place this morning, and we talked more about this ‘thing’. He suggested that he come to Indy with me, and if we are to have any kind of real & serious relationship I think that it would be a good idea… but at the same time I had doubts dancing around in my head that were too too vague for me to put a hand (or anything else) on… mainly the fact that we hadn’t even decided what this ‘thing’ was, or what we might want out of/from each other.

As we parted at L’s house.. I told him that I wanted a straight answer from him, because I already knew what I wanted. After he left… I put the matter mostly out of my mind… except to explain to L exactly what the hell was going on… his only comment was… ‘Ya’ll might be jumping from step A to step ZZ without going through all the in between portions first, and that could ruin all that you all have’. Humph. I knew that and it was one of the reasons that I am kinda antsy about the whole concept, but I put all of it out of my mind and prepared myself for at least 3 days of freewheeling fun.

L had to run and do some work, so I went along and managed to get in a good 5 hours of sleep while he handled his bidness… making life so much brighter (stiff back and all) when it was time to go out. Our first stop of the night was to a house party being thrown my one of his friends. Mind you, I had decided that I would be spending the weekend with mainly nothing but gay men, and I knew that it would be….hmmm fun to say the least? And indeed it was… from drinking some of the most DELISH rum punch I have ever had, to taking digital photos of them in various poses, to going to a club simply PACKED with men and dancing your ass off. Earlier I had said there is nothing like the sound of hundreds of women lifting their voices in song, in the same way there is nothing like hearing hundreds of men chanting ‘can I get a fuck you’ in time to Jay-Z. Sent shivers down my back…

I now fully understand why many straight black women are bitter on the subject of gay black men. I met more tight, together, intelligent, working, FIONE AS HEEEELLLLLLLL black men this one night in a dance club than I think I have ever met at one time. I can see how sisters look at them and get bitter as hell… our men can be sooo beautiful, and it might make a sista angry to see so many of them totally out of her reach. Ah well… I know that I had FUN…. *smiles* I get flirted with more, and in a nicer way, by gay men that I ever do by straight men…. why is that? L says it’s the tits… and men no matter whether gay or straight have breast fixation… *grins* that may be… but I am cool with it…

After the fire Marshall shut down the club for overcrowding, we walked back to L’s house… and I fell asleep, knowing that I would be tight and sore the next morning… but having loved every minute of it.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: