Sunday, May 7, 2000

ummm... Stuff.

Forget about Love & Basketball…. the next big movie should be called Love & Hair. Yes…. this is going to be another one of my hair rants. It’s been entirely too long without one.

Okay… before I get into it.. I need to give a description of my hair. I have shoulder length (on a good day) thick, Thick THICK hair. I am talking thick here people. Amazingly, scarily, thick. I have so much hair on my head that it scares me(and small children who see me with my hair out).
And the simple fact is… each and every strand has a tiny little mind of its own. And the main focus of all of their minds seems to be doing the exact opposite of what I want them to do.
For example: In late December I decided that I wanted to lock my hair…. I figured that since my hair seems to enjoy tangling around each other, it would lock in a matter of days…maybe even hours. So I put my hair in 137 (yes I counted them) little twists, and figured I would give them about a month and I wouldn’t be able to get rid of them without cutting it all off. I waited…one month… two months…. three months…. and in late March (when I was stressing about the pregnancy) I started messing in my wet hair (I had just gotten out of the shower). As I was messing in my hair.. one of the twists came out….and another…and another.. and in a matter of a few hours my entire head of hair was free and wild. NO problem… no locking.. very little tangling… just a lot of dust and lint. *siiiiggghhhs* WHY??? However.. if I DARE to consider trying to wear my hair out… it would be such a tangled & crazy looking mess by the end of the day it would take me hours to comb it out. ARGH! *sighs* So for the past few days I have been wandering around with a huge floofy bush of hair… trying to decide what to do with it. I could try to lock again…. but I don’t know… or I could cut it off…but I love my hair too much to do that…. I HATE the way my hair feels straightened (hard crunchy and dead), and I get tired of putting it into cornrows… and I don’t have the time or the money to go to a salon and get someone else to do it for me. *sighs* Any suggestions?? It is getting way too hot for me to keep wrapping my hair up and wearing hats…. Atlanta sun is NO joke.

Hmmm what else? I have been procrastinating something TERRIBLE on my finals. *shakes head* I think I have a self-destruct switch in me that comes on the second that I start doing something REALLLY major. I don’t know WHAT my mental block is. I DO however, at this point know soo much more about cars and Subaru Impreza’s than I ever thought I would know after two days. And I have chatted to my friends so much that most of them assume I am done with my finals. And my toe & finger nails look absolutely lovely…and my house is nice and neat…Umph… if they only knew (and don’t even START fussing at me Papi).
Well… I am about to go and start working…. I will have to finish writing later….( I missed my deadline..but by only by a few minutes….bad bad Jazzy)

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: