Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's funny - I actually ran across TLHC YEARS ago - at least two by now. A friend of mine on another site was talking about using the oil cleansing method, and she gave me a link to read about what it was. I looked at it, and at first dismissed it (what were all these white women with oddly long hair TALKING about??) but the more I read, the more interested I became.
I suffered (and still do) from oily dry skin. Yup, you heard me - oily AND dry. My skin becomes very oily, but I have these odd dry/flaky 'patches' all over the place. And the pimples! Ohh - the pimples! And - it was winter time in Indianapolis, and that wind and cold insured that my skin was ALWAYS dying for moisture of some sort - but the more lotion I used, the more I broke out.

After reading about OCM, I figured - heck! Why not! I already had some vitamin E oil, and we ALWAYS have EVOO in the house - another 2 bucks spent on castor oil would be cheaper than another 'moisturizing and cleansing' face wash. I made the first batch - and I LOVED it.
My skin LOVED it - the pimples vanished almost IMMEADIATELY, and the oil kepy my skin moisturized and soft enough that the dry patches didn't show. That happened - sheesh, when was that? November of 2004? Since then, I have used something OTHER than oil on my face - maybe 5 times? Usually, it was because I was someplace where my skin just felt - tacky dirty, and I just wanted a little soap.
BUT! The dry, tight, flaky patches? Still there - and if I DARED let my face dry completely without oiling it - my skin would be tight, and the little patches would show up grey and flaky. I tried to 'scratch' or exolifiate them off, and that did nothing but break the skin, and give me ultra fine scabs - which then, of course, turned back into the flaky patches that I THOUGHT I was getting rid off. Most of the commercial products for 'smooth' skin have BHA in them - and THAT was too harsh for my skin - once again, I would be left with more dry patches than ever.
So, I just stuck with the OCM, knowing that as long as my face was oiled, the patches wouldn't show.

Then - I got interested in my hair again, and I came back to TLHC (these white women with the oddly long hair are actually some ROCKING chicks!!) and I've found out about something ELSE that sounds right up my alley - an ASPRIN mask. I mean, once again - it makes sense - a weaker version of BHA, and, it's lightly exfoliating!

I promptly went out and got a bottle of ultra cheap asprin, and plan on trying out a honey asprin mask the same time I do my henna. If it works even HALF as well as the other stuff I've learned about on here has (henna, CO, OCM, honey!, SS oil) - I'm going to be in love! I might actually have - smooth, even, FLAKE-free skin again.


Okay - so the nails lead in was a BIT of a put on, the only thing I've considered doing to my nails was MAYBE henna'ing them, and noticing that the vitamins, oddly enough, DO seem to be showing results in my nails. They are growing faster, and they are DEFINITELY stronger. Great hair AND nails!??!?! *fans self* This rocks!

No comments: