Thursday, August 24, 2006

Last day of twists, as tomorrow is a twistout!!
So - this week. My twists have been VERY fuzzy. I don't know if it's because I didn't use enough gel - and I even regelled them Tuesday night! - or if it's because I didn't use as much WP this time - but it's fuzzy as all GET out. I've got quite a few sections of hair where full length strands of hair has escaped the twist - and I wasn't even rubbing my head all that much. My scalp has also been suprisingly itchy too this week - I'm thinking it might be time for a bit of a clarifier on my scalp. I wonder if it might be a side effect of the pectin?
I plan on doing a twist-out tomorrow, and then henna'ing - though, I'm supposed to be running some errands and going over a friends house tomorrow, so - I might not get home in enough time to really do henna.........okay, yeah, who am I fooling? I'lll most likely do it tomorrow night! *LOL*
I'm pretty convinced that the vitamins are working - I cut my nails last weekend, and they are already starting to extend over my fingertips again. I have this one STUBBORN chin hair that usally is very thin and only grows to be about 3/4 of an inch, and I was looking in the mirror a few days ago, and the damn thing was SUPER thick and about 2 inches long!!!!!!!! Plus - and this is really creepy - the hair on my fingers in coming back - super fine, black hair. I used to have this before, when I was in college, but I haven't seen it for YEARS - now, they are showing back up. Yes, yes, me thinks my body is getting all it needs to grow, grow, grow!
I still seem to be shedding a healthy bit - I'm actually *gasp* considering getting a BRUSH to insure that I get all the shed hairs out. I know, I know - I think that it's insane to even TRY to use a brush on nappy hair, but then, not too long ago, I also didn't know that cones were the debbil on my hair. Maybe.
I'm debating on stopping cutting my hair for a few months - maybe from now until late October (which is when our housewarming is) just to see how much length I gain. I think I've most likely cut off at LEAST 3 inches by now, but my hair still looks the same length - which would make sense, as I figure that I grow about 3/4 of an inch a month normally - so an inch a month (because of the vitamins/nutrition) would make sense. Also - the really short patch I had in the back of my head - I'm thinking that maybe I DIDN'T break it off, but that I cut it off when I cut out a loc to to a dye test on. It's close enough to my back hairline for that to have been possible - and that piece of hair has gotten almost twice as long now - it's in a twist mostly by itself, and I can feel the thicker bottom section before the twist goes really thin - so that's a VGT!
I need to pick up a new applicator bottle tomorrow, and another set of measuring spoons (I cut the end off of one before checking that it would fit in the bottle, and it's a pain in the patootie digging it out of the bottle now) and some more paprika. Other than that - I don't think that I'll be getting any hair stuff - I've got plenty of conditioner and baking soda.
Length note: middle of the forehead twist goes to the middle of the bride of my nose - about even with my eyes.

No comments: