Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Okay, so I HAD to break down and get the Queen Helene Oils that I saw yesterday. The 'Brand' name is: Good To Gro (why can't they spell ANYTHING right - I mean, MUST all black hair care products have at least ONE purposefully misspelling on the label??) and the oils are a 'Thickening Oil' and a 'Stimulating Oil'.

I looked at (and up) the ingredients, and basically, what they are is:

Thickening Oil
Soybean Oil
Methyl Soyate (a natural solvent and oil that absorbs deeply )
Olive Oil
Avacado Oil
Fragrance
Shea Butter
Brassica Camperstris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer (rapeseed and tung tree oil copolymer - antimircobials)
Vitamin A Oil
Vitamin D Oil
Corn Oil
Grapeseed Extract
Vitamin E Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Nettle Extract
Biotin
Thyme Extract
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Pot Marigold)
Equisetum Giganteum Extract (Giant Horsetail)
Propylparaben (Preservative)
Sweet Almond Oil


Stimulating Oil
Soybean Oil
Methyl Soyate (methyl soyate, a natural solvent and oil that absorbs deeply )
Coconut Oil
Jojoba Oil
Wheat Germ Oil
Shea Butter
Linolenic Acid (Unsaturated fatty acid used as an emollient and thickening agent)
Linoleic Acid (Unsaturated fatty acid used as an emollient and thickening agent)
Peppermint Oil
Oil of Wintergreen
Grapeseed Extract
Vitamin E Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Vitamin A Oil
Biotin
Henna Extract
Menthol
Rosemary Extract
Propylparaben (Preservative)
Sweet Almond Oil
Vitamin D Oil
Sage Extract
Wild Cherry Extract

They are both suprisingly 'clean' ingredient wise - though, I wonder how much of this 6oz bottle is other fun stuff, and how much of it is soybean oil. I think I'm going to post over on the products board, and ask folx what they think of it. I think that I'll try them out while I'm waiting to get my Sweet Success Oil.

I know, I know, I said that I'm not a PJ, and I'm not - but - it was so CHEAP!! 2 bucks for each bottle (I do so love BigLots!) and I figure - if worst comes to worst and I hate it, I'll have two henna applicator bottles!! :) :D

No comments: