Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Stuff & Bother

The lawn is - stunning. Stellar. Amazing - and hubby managed to pull a last minute save and found some poor man to do the WHOLE thing for 200.00 bucks. *jaw drops* We ended up paying him 260, and I still feel like we robbed him. I need to take a picture of the HUGE pile o brush that is sitting on the road - somehow, I seriously doubt that the trash guys are going to take it - I need to call MLGW and see who can come and get it, and how much they are going to rip us off.

Came home yesterday and the fertilfocus was in the mail, which of course, I had to promptly try out. It's COOL. I've got nothing but dots and lines, but I suspect that I'm going to start bleeding next week or so (the severe sleepies and general evilness being a sign), so that's not suprising. Went and visited some friends Friday, and got to cuddle the absolutely cutest, baby boy EVER. It's odd, because he didn't LOOK like a baby - facially. You know how babies are usually just - well, they don't look all the way done? This baby - there is no doubt as to 'who he's going to look like' because you can see it in his face already - precious kid. Hungry too! Mom had been trying for 7 years to have a bambino, so he's a much, much loved little baby boy. She passed along one of her natural fertility books - Jambalaya to me.

Went to the library before I went there, and roughly had a bookgasm. I got the following:

 Satan's Lambs,  Flashpoint,  Eyeshot and No Good Deed by Lynn Hightower
 Fledgling by Octavia Butler 
 Echoes of Egyptian Voices :an anthology of ancient Egyptian poetry by John L. Foster.
 Brown Girl in the Ring  and Midnight Robber by Nal Hopkinson
 Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan (for the hubby)
 Dragonfly in Amber and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
 The Gilda stories by Jewlle Gomez
 The Literature of Ancient Egypt; an anthology of stories, instructions, and poetry., Simpson, William Kelly.
 Banewreaker by Jacqueline Carey
She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb

So far, I've read Banewreaker and Eyeshot, and started on Satan's Lambs I think I'm going to take Echos and The Gilda stories on the trip with me...gotta always have at least ONE book along on any trip - never know.

The weekend was lovely, sat around with goop in my hair, messed around with the wallpaper (paint remover DOES do a pretty nice job in most spots - some, I think we are just going to have to sand down), and primed a couple of inches of another room.  The lawn guys were busy at work all weekend (ALLL weekend - we sooo got a steal!) and C had to work this weekend - his last working weekend before the boss comes ack from vacation, so he was there pretty late making sure his p&q's were all lined up in a row. We managed to go out - got some YUMMMYLICIOUS sushi (god, how I adore sushi) and sake loveliness.

I think I'm going to go clothes shopping today after work - I want to pick up some nice going out clothes - it's SO depressing to realize that all my clothes are throughly utilitarian work clothes, and nothing spicy at all. Besides, I've got a coupon, and I'm almost paid off on my LB card, which is just WRONG. Besides - I'm going to Hotlanta this weekend - I already KNOW my hair is going to be fire - I want my clothes to be blazing too!

Ooohhh - we finally purchased our computer desk and chair - I had to buy it this weekend, as I had talked myself out of buying a 400 dollar digital camera, so I figured I would get something fun that we're SUPPOSED to be buying instead.

 

 

 

Purty, ain't they? Our computer is chrome, white and black, and the room is going to be red & black. Soooo lovely.

I'm taking time off after the holiday to work on the house - so hopefully, by the time I get back to work, the office will be primed and have at least one coat of paint on it, and the living room will be primed and painted, AND the library will be cleaned up and some books will be unpacked. I've got big plans, doggone it! The housewarming is getting closer and closer - I need to put together the invite list - I was thinking this morning, and I realized that we might actually have a pretty big bunch of people there. I'll get C to start working on the menu.

Really, that was mostly stuff, and hardly any bother.

No comments: