Saturday, August 26, 2006

So - Henna #5 is currently working it magic on my head.

I clarified before doing it - a mix of honey and baking soda and some water that I put in my hair, and let sit while I was taking a shower, then rinsed it out. I think I've figured out my personal 'siganl' that a clarification is needed. Firstly, my scalp starts to itch (though, I'm STILL wondering if that was the pectin) and secondly (and really, most importantly) my hair takes a while to actually get 'wet'. I mean, it'll be wet, but not really WET, and I have to work my hair under the water for a while before it acts right and feels really - moist. So - I left that in, and rinsed it out before doing the henna, and when I got out the shower, I noticed that my hair looks REDDER wet. I've kinda noticed it before, but it was really distinctive this time.


This henna contains
1 henna bag
The rest of the paprika
Honey
White Rain Conditioner.

Pretty basic, in other words - *LOL* except for the paprika, it's basically the mixture that I started with.
Anyhow, applied the henna firstly with lines against my scalp, then glooped the rest onto it. The usual, ya know? It's earlier (but not really by much, as I usually henna when I get home, and it was 5pm when I did it) in the day than I usually do it - but I was out with friends last night and REALLY didn't feel like dealing with it.

It amazes me just how STEAMY my head gets with the saran wrap and henna and all - I left the edge of the shower cap, and can feel the warm, moist, henna-scented air drifting out.

No comments: