Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's a nice little routine I have, when I get home from work and get mostly settled in.

I leave the bottle of SS oil in the living room next to 'my' chair, so once I sit down and get comfy, I open it, and first dab the really thinning areas - my hairline right in front of my ears, and my 'recceding' bit. Neither are REALLY in any trouble (I don't think) but - that is where my 'baby' hair grows and I would love for it to be thicker.
Then, I take the dropper, and get it about half full, and just dabdabdabdab it all over the upper half of my head. Massage that in. Ahhhhhh. Another half dripper, and the crown, and the back of my head get dabbed and massaged. AAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh!! By the time I'm done, my hairline has started to tingle, and slowly - everything just warms up, and my head feels like it's HUMMING. I'm usually reading or watching tv by now (or surfing TLHC) and I'll occasionally pause and massage my scalp a bit more.

Am I noticing anything? I'm not sure - I still see a bit of shedding, and yeah - I do think it's less, and I suspect that's more the oil than the vitamins, as I'm not really expecting to get any results from the vitamans for at LEAST a month - possibly two. I HAVE noticed that most of the hairs coming out seem to be very very very fine. Like - lint fine, almost - and it's DEFINITELY hair, not lint. Whereas, on the rare occasion that I pull one out (usually in the process of detangling) the hair looks - thick. I hope that means my scalp is keeping the healthiest hair, and letting the weaker ones shed.

I love how I'm using things that give me results in different time frames. I get INSTANT results from henna. I get slightly slower results from the oil. The vitamins show up the latest.....but at least I have little suprises for myself along the way.

Speaking of henna (you knew I was going to talk about henna EVENTUALLY, right?) I went to the grocery store and picked up some pectin today - this weekend is the official 'How will my hair do with NO conditioner' try-outs.
I was worried for a bit that the water I used for the pectin would thin out the henna - but then I figured that whatever water I use in the pectin, it won't make the henna any thinner, because it'll all gel up. I was considering using some red zinger tea as the water - but opted not to. I want to change just ONE thing at a time (substituting pectin for conditioner) to see how my hair reacts - that's the easiest way to experiment.
I have no CLUE how much water/pectin is needed. I bought two of the little, Jello sized boxes - I hope to only use a wee bit out of one though....I think my mix is going to be - enough pectin to make it REALLY thick, and then enough honey to thin it down again. I need to make it thinner because - well, I still don't think my roots are getting red, but then, I don't know how much henna is ACTUALLY getting to my roots - no matter how thin it is. I really need to get an applicator - this glop-it-on-top-and-hope-it-sinks-in stuff is just NOT going to work for my hair.

*pauses to rub head again* *checks out hairs* *realllly thin ones*

*sigh*

My twists have this IRKSOME habit of leaving one or three of the 'central' hairs in the twist 'stretched' out, so that they hang longer than the rest of the happily curled about itself twist. *glares at hair* I hoped that getting them wet would cause all of the hairs to 'shrink' up equally, but nope. So, in order to give them a chance to 'squish in' (and so that I can see what a twist-out of the fat twists look like) I'm gonna untwist it tomorrow - assuming I get up early enough, of course. But - they are getting a wee bit fuzzy too, so that needs to be done anyhow. And of COURSE - tomorrow night is HENNA NIGHT!!

I'm getting better at taking my vitamins. Daily Vitamin before I leave the house, MSM and O369 with breakfast, another O369 at (or right after) lunch, and another dose of MSM and O369 at night. I'm going to pick up a measuring spoon that I can jsut leave in each bottle of MSM, so that I can get a more accurate dose. Yes, I plan on doubling up (ie, taking the full dosage both times), but since MSM is water soluble, I figure, no harm. Hmmm... I know that you body excretes the excess MSM after 12 hours - Breakfast is usually around 9, and bedtime is usually around 11 - maybe I should start taking it at LUNCH instead, to insure I evenly cover the full 24 hours. Hmmm - yes, and it'll be a lot easier to stuck that stuff down in the AFTERNOON, rather than in the morning with my yogurt. I mix the MSM in with a little pink lemonade crystal light type stuff, and I think that is the PERFECT flavor - the tartness of the lemon perfectly conceals the bitterness of the MSM - it's rather nice, actually. But, it'll be nicer NOT follwed up with a fruity, creamy, slightly tart yogurt.

I think that's about it, hair wise. *grins* Hanging around here (*laughs* I initially wrote 'hair'!) has me planning on doing stuff to OTHER parts of me though..... so see the next entry for my first Skin & Nails BlahBlahBlah........

No comments: