Saturday, August 5, 2006

Henna #2 is in my head - things I've learned.

1) Henna is messy. Making large amounts of henna is messier.
2) It's a good idea to wear gloves at all times.
3) Paper towels really DO stop the drippies.

I used the following henna mix
400g Henna
1 cup red wine
5 cups water

Mixed it, let it stand til the henna released. Put most of it into ziplocs bags and stuck them in the freezer. Took the rest, plus the henna I had leftover from last time mixed it with a BUNCH of conditioner and a wee bit of honey, and slapped it in the head. I did that around 8:30ish....


About my hair......I untwisted it today, and - it's interesting. Some parts were really smooth and silky, over parts were still kinda - frizzy type ish. Might have been the oils, might have been the henna. It still felt good. I didn't pick it out to see the various lengths - I didn't want to comb it dry - so I'll do it tomorrow, and trim further as needed. I've more or less accepted the fact that I will be losing more hair tomorrow - not happy, but I've accepted it. Honestly though, I think there MIGHT be about a half inch difference, and if it's relaly that small, I won't be cutting it.

No comments: