Thursday, August 24, 2006

So, largely because I'm impatient as all get out, but also because I wanted to see if it would come out as good after I slept on it, I un-twisted my hair tonight in a twist-out.
I definitely need longer hair to pull this off right - right now, my hair looks like a mushroom - not soft enough to be limp, but not long enough to hang nicely.
Though - the twistouts I had during camp looked REALLY good - I think it was because they had shrunk up more. I figure, if it looks a hot mess in the morning, I'll just get it good and wet, and tie a PHHB around it, and be done with it.

After I took my twists out, I massed some SS oil in, and then firmly told myself to keep my fingers out of my hair, as the twist out is the easiest hair style to mess up - play in it too much, and you loose all the twist definition you had originally.

Which, is one of the reasons I'm writing this, as keeping my hands busy is the only way to keep them out of my head.

Henna tommorow! *yay*

I love henna'ing - it's messy, and it's goopy, but dang, it's FUN. And I get many lovely results - I need to take a picture outside in the sun so that I can try to get an accurate picture of the color - it's GLORIOUS. I'm not sure if it's more red, or more brown - it's - interesting, really. It's SUCH a natural color that it changes depending on what I'm wearing, the lighting, and the amount of makeup I have on. And the way it changes from FIRST rinsing the henna out to the day afterwards - it's - impressive really.

I know that some people worry about it going to 'dark' but.... *sigh* considering how DARK my natural hair color is, I figure that the darker it gets, the less obvious the demarcation will be.

No comments: