Wednesday, August 30, 2006

An unexpected (though logical) side effect of my hair vitamins regime has been - well, my hair has been growing - EVERYWHERE.

I'm a mildly hairy woman - arms, legs, line below the belly button, and one stubborn hair on my chin (besides the other areas that us adults usually have hair). Lately though, I've been noticed hair growing in other places, as well as my normal hair being longer. For instance!
A few weeks ago, I was in some meeting, playing with my wedding set, and noticed hair growing out of my FINGERS. Very fine, very soft, pitchblack hair. EEEP!
A week or so after that, I was rubbing my chin deep in thought, and found that my usual chin hair had somehow managed to grow in two inches and THICK before I found it and plucked it as I have been doing for years.
Today, I was at a lunch banquet for work, in a FREEZING room, and noticed that the hair on my arms was EXCEPTIONALLY long. Now, usually, sometimes I'll shave my arms - but my arm hair has NEVER been this long. Once again, it was pretty thin, but LONG. Seeing that prompted me to check my chin - and lo & behold! The hair had grown back - about a 1/4 inch long - AND a second one has joined it.
*checks underarms* Yup - I shaved Sunday, and I've already got a nice bit of stubble there - where as usually, I could go for at least a week before FEELING any hair, much less SEEING it.

It's really cool seeing these signs that my regime is working - the hair on my HEAD is so wild and wooly, that most of the time, I can't tell WHAT's going on in my scalp. Though - I have noticed 'tingling' up there in the mornings after I take my MSM. I don't know if it's a mind trip (which, it could be) or if I'm really feeling my scalp - do stuff. I plan on adding biotin - I'm going to order it tomorrow after I get paid, so I'll most likely start using it next week, and from what I've heard - it REALLY gives you the tingles. I've been keeping an eye on my hairline - I've been focusing the SS oil there mainly, because that is the thinnest area of my hair. I know that part of it is because I have 'baby' hair there - super fine, barely wavy, and did I mention super fine? - but I know that should grow in too with time.

I was feeling rather down on myself earlier, because I KNOW that I have not been taking proper care of myself - we aren't even going to TALK about my diet - but seeing these sort of things tells me that my body is functioning rather well - otherwisde it wouldn't be wasting energy on something as pointless as HAIR.

No comments: