Thursday, August 31, 2006

Songs in the key of C

Leave me a note. I give you a letter of the alphabet. You think of ten songs that start with that letter that you like/own/are on your harddrive. Then you go!

[Thunder Road] gave me the letter C.

Call Me - Me'shell Ndegechello: I can't remember which of her songs I heard first, but this is from her first album 'Plantation Lullabies', and it features her sexy gruff voice, and that fabulous bass guitar, as well as just being a sexyyyy song in and of itself.

Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue: Potentially the most deadly earworm song EVER - but then - I love Europop. It also reminds me of the funner part of my last days at Lilly - this was the theme song for the Scottish contigent. I had locs still back then, and I whipped hair with the best of them.

Canned Heat - Jamiroqui: Not really EuroPop, but it's a slamming dance song, one of the ones that gets me grooving at my desk. I heard them perform this song live, and you can't help but sing (and dance) along.

Circle of One - Oleta Adams: I fell in LOVE with Oleta after hearing (and performing a choreographed dance routine) to Everything Must Change in highschool. This song blends so wonderfully with that one - the fact that when it really comes down to it, you can choose to be lonely, or to share yourself with others - and either way - change is vital.

Cleaning Out My Closet - Eminem: a classic (can you really call it that?) of his. If any song reflects his style and his voice and his subject matter - this is it. This song IS Eminem.

Clear and Present Danger - Mattafix: A new favorite of mine - stumbled across it while looking for new music on music.mp3.ru. I sat and listened to the entire album in rapture - it's soft, and laidback, but energetic. And the voices! It's almost a lullabye...with a hot drum line.

Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls: What was the name of the all female rock tour that Sarah MacLachan chick was running? (Thanks ya'll - The Lillith Fair!!) The year I saw them in Atlanta, the Indigo Girls were featured, I was neckdeep in my first lesbian relationship, living in my own place for the first time, and I screamed this song along with the Indigo Girls - this song will always take me back to that year.

Control - Janet Jackson: "When I was 17, I did what people told me...." CLASSIC Janet. And of course, the mantra for a generation of young women - hell, it's still partially my mantra - I'm such a controlfreak.

Crazy in Love - Beyonce: When I hear this - I can't help but to start quivering and shaking the girls. I'm not a big fan of Ms. Knowles - but I lost about 15 pounds to this song while in Geneva - as well as got hit in more times than a little bit. Then, that might have been more the pole dancing than anything else. *does the boob jiggle*

Crede-Ma - O-Zone: Despite the fact that I have no CLUE what they are saying (this is the same group that sings the infamous Numa-Numa song), I love this song. It's a combo of r&b and rap, with a very smooth, roadtrippin kinda feel.

No comments: