Sunday, July 9, 2000

I'm a Hot Guhrl.....

There is something innately purifying about heat. Heat forces you to strip down to the very basics, to eliminate everything that is not totally needed. And I love it…

I love the feeling of standing in the sun and feeling that one droplet of sweat rolling down your back, the sweat dripping off of your calves. The best kind is dry heat…where the wind blowing against your legs feels like silk fresh from the dryer…so soft and warm that I have to stop walking just so that I can concentrate on the feeling of the wind and my legs. I am happiest when it is between 85-95 degrees and breezy and barely humid. The bright sunny days of the southern summer that promise a thunderstorm every other night and lightening shows on a regular basis. These are my favorite days, when air conditioning is an insult to the season, and ice cold water is TRULY the sweetest thing.

This makes me the odd one out amongst most of my friends, who tend to flee into the air at the least indication that the temperature is going to be over 75 degrees. They look at me as if I am demented when I linger outside in the heat, luxuriating in the sun. *shrugs* What can I say, I was born in the middle of one of the biggest blizzards in recent history, and that was more than enough cold weather for me for the rest of my life. And yet, here I am… about to move in INDIANAPOLIS, which is not, as far as I know, famed for it’s long summers and mild winters. *shivers* I haven’t worn a real winter coat in so long it is scary…since high school maybe? Hmm…and then there is the fact that I tend to have a slightly lower normal body temperature than normal (mine’s tend to hover around 95.9-96.4 degrees rather than the normal 98.9), so I am just more comfy when it is hotter.

Cold hands….warm heart. Right?

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: