Friday, July 28, 2000

Body Matters (Part 2)

I got this in an email today…. it fits what I was talking about earlier sooooo perfectly. And it fits me too…


Understanding My Beauty
I see you looking at me with that look of admiration and confusion I have come to know so well.
I see you struggling to figure out what it is about me that won't allow you to look away.
I see you trying to pin point the physical trait that is drawing you so strongly to me.
I see you comparing me to the type of women who USUALLY grab your attention.
I see you noticing that you aren't the only man noticing.
I see you getting frustrated because you can't figure out why you think I'm so beautiful.

Well Baby, Let me help you out...
It's not my face, you've seen much prettier I'm sure.
It's not my make-up, I don't wear enough to really make a difference.
It's not my hair, it's nice but plain.
It's not my clothes, lots of other women dress nicely.
It's not my body, I don't have the kind of measurements to be considered "superfine".
It's not my smile, it's warm and welcoming but not unique enough to stand out.

You see,
It's my confidence, the way I don't seem to care whether you look or not.
It's my humbleness, the way I acknowledge my flaws rather than disguise them.
It's my honesty, the way you automatically feel it's okay to trust what I say.
It's my tactfulness, the way you never have to worry about your feelings being hurt.
It's my submissiveness, the way I quietly allow you to take charge and be a man.
It's my aggressiveness, the way I go after the things I want in life.
It's my intelligence, the way I think deeply and articulate clearly.
It's my naivete, the way I am willing to let you teach me the things I don't know.
It's my integrity, the way I show you that I will always do the right thing and the way I expect you to do the same.
It's my naughtiness, the way I am willing to let go of my inhibitions sometimes.
It's my sense of humor, the way I bring out the "silliness" in you and the way I make you laugh.
It's my thoughtfulness, the way I comfort you when you are hurt, encourage you when you are strong, help you when you are weak and motivate you to do things you never thought possible.
It's my loyalty, that special way I make you feel like you are the only man alive when I am with you.
It's my independence, the way I have my own place, my own ride, and I pay my own bills.
The way I don't ask YOU to do the things I should do for myself.
It's the way I have a life of my own so that I don't feel the need to "sweat" you when you are doing things that don't involve me.
Yes, I'm beautiful.
I have the kind of beauty that does not fade with age or change with trends.
I see you looking, trying desperately to figure out why YOU are so attracted to me.
Allow me to let you in on the secret to understanding MY beauty.
Look at me with your heart first.
Then, look at me with your eyes.
Now, Ain't I the finest woman you've ever seen?
And, Don't you FINALLY understand why?


No comments: