Friday, July 14, 2000

But, this....is Priceless

Ever seen those lovely little Mastercard ads, where they add up the price of some exotic trip, and then conclude that something about the trip is really priceless? Hmm…each time I see those commercials, I notice that what they are claiming to be priceless, often has very little to do with the whole trip. : ) Usually, what they are in essence talking about is a connection between two people, some sort of discovery about the person, or the couple, or the group. Connections between humans…face to face…intimately, but not sexually. Something that it seems like there is less & less & less of now a days… real human connections, *sighs* anyhoww……I want to make a list of things that I consider to be priceless, or the things that when they happen… I will consider to be priceless.

I remember when I first saw Star Trek: Insurrection (which really wasn’t THAT good of a movie), and there was a scene where girly girl showed him just how to freeze time. How to hold a moment so still that you felt like you were living in that moment and in that moment alone. *sighs* That is the kind of priceless moment I want to remember, the ones you want to freeze and treasure forever. Anyhow… on to the list…

1. The first time I hold my newborn child
1a: Almost everything having to do with the conception and birth of a child I am ready for.
2. The moment I get married…not the wedding & the I do part, but the moment that I realize that I am bound to this person for life & for death, in love and in anger, and I am completely and utterly overjoyed by the fact.
3. The first time I see the Egyptian pyramids.
4. The first time…hell possibly every time I see the sun set & rise over the ocean on the same day.

Hm. I can’t think of anything else…maybe the most valuable priceless moments are the ones you don’t see coming. hm.

Stay Jazzed

No comments: