Sunday, July 23, 2000

Ecstasy

Okay…. now I see why so many people were tripping over Dirty Dancing when it first came out. It is a bit of a hot-ass movie. Hmm… I want to go out and dance now.
Have I ever talked about the fact that I understand fully why most churches consider dancing and music to be sinful? The times I feel like I am floating out of my body in the most amazing and spiritual of ways have had to occur when I was dancing to house music. When I am hot and dancing to a beat that turns into my heart and nothing else exists but the beat and the movement of my body.. *sighs* I can totally understand it.

Ecstasy.

Hmm… I guess you have to learn that kind of dancing (what’s on DD). That is one of the few physical activities that I am totally comfortable in doing. Give me music, and I just let myself go. Now I’m not saying that I have the best form, or I can pick up the steps as fast as everybody else, but I am comfortable. When it comes to dancing I really don’t care how contorted I might look, or how off center I might seem to be, but it feels GOOD. I think that dancing is the best exercise ever. When I am dancing, sweat doesn’t matter, aches don’t matter, my feet hurting don’t matter, nothing matters but the beat and my body motion.

*shimmy shimmy shake shakes*

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: