Friday, September 15, 2000

Of Value

retreat with grace
into a state
of absolved shame.

*smiles* I had a very…low key date last night. I was tired as hell by the time I got home, and really wasn’t in the mood for anything as active as our first date where we walked halfway around downtown.
So instead, we stayed in my house…ordered out, and talked. *grins* Man…conversation is wonderful. Anyhow… in the process of the conversation, he asked me what the best gift I have ever gotten has been. Since I am not really much of a materialistic person (contrary to how I may appear) , it was a really hard question. I think that it would be a great OD theme entry..but I wanted to try to answer it. I never answered him, mainly because I am still not sure.

I greatly value the jewelry I have been given, but it is nothing that I wold be remarkably upset to lose. In fact, I think that the pictures I have been given as gifts would ave to be my most valued gifts. I have three that I love…and they all have places of honor in my bedroom. The first is a silly picture that Nee took of me & her while she was at my house. :) It’s a lovely potrait of two women, and she put it in a frame that says ‘sisters’ in a lot of different ways. I love that picture.

Another gift is a baby picture of me, on a base that has my bronzed baby shoes sitting on them. My mother gave me that one for my 21st birthday. The last picture is an actual picture of my mommy, taken while she was in San Francisco visiting a friend. Those are the gifts that I value the most, because they outline the valued relationships I have in my life… *sighs* those that I hold closest to me heart. *sniffs* I miss my mommy.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: