Friday, September 8, 2000

I was born under the sign of Janus

There are a grand total of 7 people in our 16 person group here today. Out of those 7, two are working, two are on the phone, and at least two whose screen I can see are busily surfing the web.. . Guess which group I am in?? :)

Another quick side note: John Gray gives some of the MOST idiotic relationship advice on the face of the Earth. I thought Dr. Laura was bad….

I was called a Ms-Drop-Everything-and-Go (Ms. Deag) a couple of days ago, in response to a remark that I made about how if I don’t have structure in my life, I won’t get anything done. I really had to mull that one over, because I find it amazing how differently my friends view me compared to how I view myself. While I have never considered myself a Ms. Deag before, I had to realize that that is the utter truth. I am good and dropping everything and just haring off to do something entirely different. But at the same time, I am a very structured person. I like lists and order, because it gives me the ability to just hare off and go. Contradictory? Maybe… but I have noticed that I tend to contradict myself a lot.
An example: I have a budget planned out until January 01, that includes everything from my rent to my twice monthly nail salon visits. That budget allows me to know whether I can just hare off to Cancun in December without being stressed about paying my rent and the rest of my bills when I get back. Structured? Yes… Deag-y? Oh yes!

For example, this diet that I am going on? I have decided that I need to plan out my meals week by week so that I won’t be tempted because of time constraints or inconvenience to fall off the bandwagon or skip a meal. That will also make grocery shopping a whole hell of a lot easier. I have planned out my exercise program so that I can’t have the excuse that I just don’t know what I should be doing. I am good at planning the minor things that have to go on in the background to insure that I have at least a remotely smooth flowing life, while the major things in my life (work, love, life goals) I just kinda let fall helter-skelter where they may. Contradictory? Oh hell yes…. but that is part of parcel of what being Jazzy is.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: