Friday, September 8, 2000

For these reasons...

My favorite non-sexual fantasy game is to go out and play ‘Rich Bitch’. It’s more of a mind game than anything else, but it mainly requires me to feel damn good about myself, and have absolutely no money. *laughs* I go to a mall (the upscale kind) and I shop…without looking at tags, and never on a clearance rack. I pick up clothes, try them on, decide if I want them or not, and then shed them on my way to the next store. I can spend hours at this game, and longer if my nails are done and I am wearing shades. Yeah, I’m clearly convoluted. The reason I’m bringing this up? I haven’t been able to play RB for a while because I have gained too much weight, and the plus size section of the store simply does not fit into the RB game plan. So, for that reason, I am going on a diet.

I never wore a bathing suit until I was a junior in high school, because I never had access to a all girls pool. The one that I brought then is the same one that I own now, a hideous concoction of tropical flowers and tummy tighteners, with a little skirt in the front to hide both the bulge and the marbled thighs. I have never brought another swimsuit, because I barely like wearing that one…not because it looks like something my grandmother would wear in her heyday, but because it’s uncomfortable. I prefer to swim nude rather than wear that godawful thing. And even when I am playing RB, I can’t bear to try on swimsuits. So, for that reason, I am going on a diet.

I was always the most flexible child/young woman amongst my friends. I would do wonders of contortion with my legs and arms. My favorite was wrapping my ankles around the back of my neck and rolling around the room like a piece of tumbleweed. I am achy almost all the time now, my back, my neck, my legs, complaining that they are strained, tight and uncomfortable. I tried stretching a few days ago, and had to fit to get into a half lotus, and the concept of me twisting my body into a full lotus made me flop out on the floor. I tried to do a straddle, and fell flat on my face. I know I am getting older, but damn…I should still be able to do this things. So, for that reason, I am starting to exercise.

I have always been a disgustingly healthy child. Never got any of the common childhood diseases, never been in the hospital, always had glowingly healthy reports from the doctor and the dentist and the gynecologist. It was a comfortable state to be in, to now that my body was a smoothly working machine, those parts ran with little to no outside influence from me. I did some blood-work a few days ago, and not only do I (at 23!) have high cholesterol, but I have slightly elevated blood sugar that could be a indication that I may be susceptible to diabetes. So, for that reason, I am exercising and going on a diet.

I was always considered the sista with the junk in her trunk…the bootie-patootie. And I have the tits to match. I inherited a shape that is classic hourglass, and dammit I LIKE my body. And it seems that most folx I meet have nothing against it either. But I have started a job that demands that I sit on my ass for almost 9 hours a day, and type, which takes up little to no effort. I used to have a job that required me walking for 6 out of the 8 hours a day, and the shift in activity rates is showing. I put on a pair of khakis today, and my butt is starting to go flat. I have been considering getting a breast reduction/reshaping done ever since I knew that I was going to have this job. I want to look at myself and say damn…. not only is the Girl In The Mirror (GITM)) sexy as hell on the inside, she has a chassis that has that showroom finish. And not only that, she can go out, and play RB for real, not leaving her finds in the store, but carrying them out with her. And not only that, but she is well read, intelligent, kind, funny, and loving. So, for that reason, I am changing up my activity habits, my eating patterns, my mindset. I am going to be healthy, wealthy, and babealicous. I am going on a diet. I am exercising…my body and my mind. And that is all there is to it.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: