Monday, September 25, 2000

Powers That (don't) Be

One talent? Hmm…that isn’t a question that I have asked myself recently. A single skill that I would love to have, and that would change my life? *smiles* Yeah, I know the theme didn’t ask all that but I wanna get all up on that. I think I will do this entry as a free-flowing kinda thing…listing and the like.

A perfect linguist? That would be a useful skill, to be able to pick up on languages almost instantly.
A speed-reader? Nah… I read fast enough as it is now.

Hm. Actually, I just thought of two skills that I would love to have. One is within the realm of the possible…the other, purley wishful thinking.

The first would be the skill to be able to transfer the images I see in my minds eye to film, just as I see them. The skill to be able to record in truth what I see and to share those images with the rest of the world. I enjoy photography now…but to be able to record in truth what I see rather than the vague after images of what I saw, that would be a wonderful skill to have. What would I do if I had that skill? Hmm.. I would start by changing my career and doing what I would much prefer to be doing, going out and taking pictures, and then hooking them up with poetry and the like. Even if it isn’t my wiritngs, I would still want to do that. Of course, I would be making lovely amounts of money from it, and iwould be able to work from my home and ohhh…. it would just be wonderful.

Hm. The second skill? The ability to change myself. I have had many a dream that dealt with me using my mind and my ‘power’ to reshape myself into whatever form I wished. Usually the re-shaping came with the price of great pain, but…it was worth it. What would I do with the skill? Hmm… I would OBVIOUSLY have the body that I would consider to be perfect. I wouldn’t change my face, except to make it slimmer and to edit my nose the tiniest bit. *laughs* My boobs would get lifted & firmed, my tummy would get flattened, my thighs would get smaller & tighter, my calves would get slimmer. My backs would get stronger and slimmer, my butt would get rounder and higher and firmer…and maybe just a bit bigger. My arms would get stronger and tighter, My hair would get longer and looser and stronger. My knuckles would get smaller, my toes would get cuter. My skin would get clear and blemish free from head to toe. I might get a shade or two darker. My eyes would have 20/20 sight, my teeth would be sparkly white and straight. I would get about an inch or so shorter. The feet would have a strong and graceful arch, and I think that is about it. Fascinating…I could actually do most of that stuff with a lot of hard work and some judicious surgery. hm.

What price perfection?

stay jazzed.

No comments: