Monday, September 11, 2000

Something New

My problem is that I am always looking for the happily ever after portion of the show. Damn the rest of it.. I just want to know how long it is going to last, so I have a grasp on just how much of me I should put into it. I want forever.

I met the most wonderful man…last Friday. He walked up to me at the bus stop, and asked me what I was reading…and from there we had a simply wonderful conversation about life, and humans, and thought processes and...so many other things. It had to be the most wonderful conversation I have ever had with a total stranger in my life. He felt like ‘family’ from just the few minutes that we talked. As my bus pulled up, I gave him my number and told him to give me a call. I couldn’t let someone who…shook & stimulated my mind to just wander off into the sunset. I would have regretted that for a very long time.

So… I waited for him to call me, and continued going out with this other brother that I met online. Wednesday night… (finally) he called. I returned his call Friday…and we went out. In fact… we were together for almost 36 hours straight, first out on a date, then at my house, then at his house.
It is scary shaky amazing how much we are alike. He is damn near PERFECT, which for me has always been an almost impossibility. The only issue I have seen so far (yeah I know it has been only two days) is that he smokes weed. And while I do not have any personal issues against that, it can be a warning signal.

So what makes him so damn wonderful in the clear light of day? He is intelligent, and he sparks me mentally. He fits all of my dating & relationship requirements at this point. He is…honest and scarily straight forward. He is so much like me that it is scary, because it leads me to wonder if he has the same…issues that I do when it comes to relationships. But so far… it has just been peachy mutha-fucking keen. I am not trying to jump into anything, as attractive as he seems. There is no rush…because if he really is the wonderful man that I have seen for the past two days, then he will still be that way two months from now. And it will give me a chance to come off of this high, and see just how much, if any, bullshit he has been throwing my way.

I am going to keep that list that I was talking about on him. I want to see just how well he does. I know it isn’t right to test a brother, but I need to be really sure before I take any kind of another plunge. So I am going to take it and compare him to each of my D&R rules, and see how well he does.

1) Know his past dating history. If he has cheated before, he will cheat again. If it has been a few years since the last cheat, he MAY have changed, but beware.
He says no. There is going to be some variance in each of these answers for a reason I will get into later.

2) He has to be able to talk about more than sports and sex.
Yes yes yes! Though he did get rather passionate on the subject of wrestling.

3) He should have no problem with the concept of ‘No ring, no fucking’.
Um. Not sure…haven’t touched on it yet.

4) He has to have ambition, a sense of planning, and awareness that God helps those who help themselves.
Yup. Ambitions: Opening his own restaurants. Sense of planning: working at getting contacts and the experience to do so. God helps those…he is helping himself.

5) He has to be able to take responsibility for his own life
Yup. Been living on his own for a while…admits to his past fuck-ups.

6) He should be maturer than your average 19-year-old.
Yup.

7) He should have a job.
Yup. One that he loves and plans on turning into a career.

8) He should be dependable, reliable, responsible, steady, and any other word referring to dependability. If he says he is going to do something, I shouldn’t have to worry about it getting done.
So far, yes. He has been perfectly on time.

9) He should have been on his own for at least two years.
Yup. He has been on his own since he was 20.

10) He is honest, and has no shame in admitting that he is dating other people.
Um. How is honesty proven? He says that he is not…

11) When we argue, he should not cuss at me.
Haven’t gotten there…

12) If we have been platonic friends for more than three years, LEAVE IT ALONE.
nope. Not an issue.

13) If you loan him money, and he doesn't return it promptly, be worried.
Nope..not an issue.

14) He should be proud enough to stand up for what he believes in, and humble enough to admit when he is wrong.
Yup…he is… a solid man. Though we agree on so many different things I haven’t seen any way really that he would have to stand solid. yet. *laughs* He was admitting wrong-doings left & right.

15) He should not refer to other women as bitches, ho's, broads, tramps, skanks, sluts, or any other derogatory term.
*Thinks* hmmmm….He did say that one of his ex’s went to the military and turned into a slut, but after hearing the rest of the story I just had to admit that it really sounded like truth.

16) He should have a healthy relationship with his mother, his sisters, his aunts, his cousins, his daughters, his nieces, and any other female family member that he may have.
No kids…and he has an….interesting family to say the least. Not sure how that is going to work out.

No comments: