Friday, September 22, 2000

Dream Reader

Well, this dream has really been bugging me, so I thought I would find a dream dictionary and find out what is really going on. I am totally into fortune-telling, dream-reading and all that jazz, because I believe that our sub-conscious mind sees and records things that our conscious mind is unwilling or afraid to accept, and sometimes through dreams and cards we are led to see with our conscious mind what the sub-conscious won’t allow us to comprehend. Anyhow…with all that said, I went to this site and grabbed the definitions for each of the major symbols in my dream. This is the dream and the items in italics are what I considered to be the major symbols in it.

The scene was I had an argument or something with someone, and I was running away from them. I ran to the edge of a cliff, and there was a group of five or six people at the bottom of the cliff, which was basically a big ledge that over-hung the sea. I stopped running for a second at the top of my cliff, and then I flung myself off. The last thing I remember thinking was ‘ah…this is what it feels like to fly’ then I hit the ground. There was no pain, just a sudden blacking out. Then I was ‘aware’ again, but in a different body…a few feet away. There was a huge puddle of blood under me, that trailed off to one side of me. Right along that trail, there was a small perfectly ovally smooth stone that sat in the blood. The other me picked it up, and took the pebble to my body. It was the strangest thing, because as I was walking back towards my body, I clearly saw myself lying there, neck twisted almost backwards, body humped up like I had curled into a ball before I hit the ground. *shakes head* The amazing part was the first thing I thought as I saw my body was ‘God…I am so fat!” *shakes head* Then I put the bloody pebble down next to my body….and the rest of the dream kind of fades away.
Okay…so I looked up what each of those symbols mean, as well as some other things, and this is what I got:

Running
If you are simply running with no goal, it may be an indication that you need to slow down in your every day life. Running in your dreams may also symbolize the energy levels, the strength, or the force that you have to get through life.
Blood
It is the life-giving, vital part of our physiology and it may symbolize our strengths and weaknesses and our physical and mental health. Some believe that when you see blood in your dream, the distressing situation in your life which is at the root of the dream has come to an end, and the worst is over.
Body
Dreaming about your body generally suggests that you are dreaming about your personal identity. Who we are is wrapped around what we look like. Our self-esteem and self-worth are too frequently dependent on our physical appearance. The body in general is the symbol of self, and the details in the dream will lead you to further interpretation.
Cliff
Standing on the edge of a cliff could be a frightening, but at the same time an exhilarating experience. Dreaming about cliffs generally indicates that the dreamer has come to a point of heightened understanding and awareness. An increase in the level of consciousness may have occurred. Through hard work and perseverance, the dreamer may have reached a vantage or plateau of understanding.
Death
Dreaming about death is very common and it can be interpreted in many different ways. Death is usually a symbol of some type of closure or end. It implies an end to one thing and a beginning of another. Death dreams usually have positive symbolism. If you are the dead person in your dream, it could imply that you would like to leave all of your worries and struggles behind and begin anew.
Falling
This is a common dream which usually represents underlying fears and feelings of inadequacy and helplessness. Interpret your dream by considering your primary fears, current difficulties, and situations in your life that seem to be on a downward spiral, especially those situations that seem outside of your control (financial, romantic , etc.). Superstition based dream interpretations say that if you fall a long distance in your dream and get hurt, be prepared for really hard times ahead; but if you fall and are not injured your upsets will be minor and temporary.
Rocks
The connotation of this symbol as with all other dream symbols, depends on the details and the mood of the dream. The rock or rocks in your dream could represent a variety of different ideas, but it usually has something to do with matters of this physical world. They may represent earthiness, sturdiness, stability, and a solid foundation. On the other hand, they could represent physical obstacles or difficulties which the dreamer needs to overcome.
Suicide
It could suggest that the dreamer is making progress and is becoming a more "integrated" person. All of us have many aspects to our personality and our character. Dreaming that you are committing suicide may be symbolic of you "killing" of one aspect of your self. Possibly an aspect of self that is hurtful. For example if you were a smoker and you stopped smoking in your dream you may need to "kill" the smoker in yourself.

Now, if I put all of that together, and look at what else is going on in my life…this is what I get out of it.
1) The calm leap off of the cliff ending in the death of my fat body.
I interpret this to mean that I have reached a point of understanding about my body, and my view of it. I feel like it is indicating that I have reached a point where I understand that being fat is not good, and I am freely willing to kill the fat person that I am.
If I look at the dream as relating to my emotional standpoint, I would see it meaning that I have reached a point of calm, and that I am killing the wound-up, over-suspicious part of me.
2) The trail of blood and the stone
The hard part of me killing the fat is over, and if I can make the obstacles that stand in front of me attach themselves to the same thing that the fat represents, I will be fine.
Emotionally, it would mean that I have come to a point where I no longer have to worry about betrayal or being alone, that that period of my life is over, but there are still some obstacles to be moved before I can truly say that phase of my life is complete.
Other random notes to bring it all together
Falling: I both fell & got hurt & did not get hurt. Hm. In fact, I never really felt the moment of impact…so I am not sure where to go with that. Maybe the falling is better considered to be the means of suicide, and that should be the upper-most symbol I pull out of it.
Running: I have the willpower and the force to kill the parts of me that I no longer need, even if I don’t realize it.
*sighs* Overall, according to this ‘interpretation’ that dream indicates all good things. That things I want to change, will be changing and that I will be able to follow the plans I have and do what I need to do. Hm.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: