Wednesday, September 27, 2000

A Poem

my hearts
been broken
fragile bits
litter the landscape
of my emotions

well mended
the patchwork quilt
of what once was
pure hope
and love
is stained with
blotches of pain

each step I take
each emotion I
feel
is blurred by the pain
that is as much a part of me
as the hope
and the love

and my heart
still lies broken
to avoid mending
with the thread of pain
and the needle of cynicism

the day will come
when the stains will fade away
and the heart will become whole
washed and mended with real
love

until then
leave me
and my broken heart
in our shelter of fear and pain
let no ray of light
touch us
that will fade before deaths dusk
let no hope fill us
that will turn into a
painful lie
let no passion engulf us
that goes beyond a mere
throbbing heat
let no one come
who will leave
and shatter my broken heart
again.


stay jazzed.

No comments: