Wednesday, June 16, 1999

The Ruth Poem!

*back flip* I DID have it….*sighs* okay …this is the Ruth Poem,
I reach out and touch your hand
softly gently reminding you
of the presence of me
I reach out and stroke your cheek
marveling at the wonder
that is us
together yet free
I write to you
telling you how much
you are a part of me
I flip through old poetry
and recite to you
‘how my love is deeper than the seas”
I search for words by wiser women
that will summarize the
feelings I have within me
and find no deeper truth
than
Naomi saying
wherever you go
there
I will be.
Okay FINALLY, the dang thing will stop haunting me now...that I have it and it is not moldering on a piece of paper under my bed. *sighs* Adab.
I said something about Adab yesterday, but I went off an other path about the books I have read. Adab , is an Arabic word whose meaning I cannot remember. But in the Dune world, it meant the demanding memory. That memory that refuses to leave no matter how much it may hurt you, the memory that is unforgiving in it’s truth, the memory that forces you to look at yourself and be honest. Adab is the memory that sends you flying down a million paths of saying and pictures and thought, only to return you to one core thing. Adab is the memory that demands that you be honest and unblinking…the demanding memory.
Okay… *grins* I kinda tucked most of the papers I pulled out last night into my bookbag, and I just found something else interesting. There are wedding vows that I wrote for me & MMM. Yup… I was THAT much in love with him...and it could have went there.
(these are to be said in tandem)
This day we give ourselves to each other
Body, Mind & Soul to be yours forever
In return
I ask for your love, admiration, honesty, support & trust for as long as we live.
This hour I offer to you my heart to hold and cherish. To shelter from the heartless world, and to hand down to our children
This minute, we stand before the people we love, our god, and this state, to acknowledge that we are now & forever husband (pause so the wife can put on his ring) and wife (he puts on her ring)
*grins* I like that…I STILL like it, even though the thought of marriage has become a vague and distant thing for me. But.. hey...anything is possible. If I take out the part about the state, it would work for a marriage to a woman too…*thinks* that would be interesting to say the least. Okay.. I have one more poem that I want to put out here, but I need to go to lunch. *thinks* I will work on it when I get back…cuz this poem hmmm.... I wrote this poem the ONE time I was directly affected by homophobia, which for me is a rare thing (thank god)…try to ….

Stay Jazzed

No comments: