Tuesday, June 1, 1999

I'm BACCKK & Inch Space of the Heart

Whoooohooo….. Okay.. I’m back. The short version? The trip was wonderful..meeting CAK was frighteningly great and I’m really PISSED that I had to come to work today. The long version?? Well… I took my little black book with me, and wrote everyday..sometimes more than once a day if I could, but like the silly sally I am.. I left the book home. So I can’t input the entries that I wanted to… I’ll do them tonight.. if I’m not hopelessly and utterly exhausted. *sighs* annnnnyyywayyyyy *grins*

Okay. I’ll tell/talk a LITTLE. Goodness… meeting CAK for the first time? I can’t even talk about it.. because talking about it I would repeat too much that I have already said… *sighs* And since that is ALL that is on my mind (or at least a good portion of it) all I will say is this. I love him. *shakes head* I feel like I have an utterly split personality.. one moment I’m wondering.. hmmmmmm It would be beautiful to come home to him everyday..and the next second I’m thinking… no.. we would smother each other or our love would change or…..something equally dreadful. And I KNOW that I ain’t ready for what he wants/needs/deserves. But goodness… I so do love him. Okay..that is ALL I am going to say about CAK. Until tonight. I promise!

Instead…I am going to post this rough draft of the ‘hair’ story I was talking about earlier. I wrote part of it is the Y2K meeting and the rest in the staff meeting this morning. *sighs* I’m not sure if it has the feel that I want…. But here goes….


Inch Space of The Heart



He lay on the couch, eyes half closed, watching her as she drifted through the apartment on her nightly post work ritual of organization. Back and forth she went, collecting dishes, organizing papers and somehow shedding a bit more clothing at each turn. First the hated heels, kicked half under the couch. Then her jacket, tossed somewhere in the bedroom. She glanced at him, noticing his sleep relaxed face as she leaned against the sofa and pulled off her pantyhose. A swift soft kiss brushed over his face as she left the stockings, crumpled like old paper at the foot of the couch. Her skirt and shirt vanished while she was out of his sight, and he watched her stroll through the house…amazed at her graceful felinity and glowing skin. At last her underwear slid off…bra tossed across the back of the couch...panties in the bathroom, and ritual done, she reappeared in the living room, wrapped in a silk sari.
She sighed slowly, sank down next to the couch, and began to take her hair down. It was tightly braided against her head, and as she loosened the braids her hair stood up like a wiry, living crown around her head. As she ran her fingers through her hair and rubbed them against her scalp, she felt her hands being pushed away from her head as he reached over and began playing with her hair…gently running his fingers through it, untangling the last of the braids. Her hair brushed against her neck and shoulders as he massaged and kneaded her scalp. She slid back, pulling her knees closer to her chest and resting her head on them, relaxing as his fingers worked through her hair. She felt his kisses delicately brush her neck and shoulders like blessings and she sighed again...this time with pleasure in the peace of her existence.
His love for her flowed into her through his fingers and her scalp, circling around and adding to the joyful dance of her heart.



*sighs* It’s not done yet... but that is that beginning… I don’t know… I am envisioning a place of almost perfect peace & domesticity… where the love flows like a river that can almost be felt if not seen. *sighs* I got the title from an old Chinese saying the infinity can be held with in the inch space of the heart, and to me that is where most love resides. In that tiny inch space of the heart…which can be as large as infinity.

No comments: