Thursday, June 9, 2005

yaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn

Ugh. So tired. So very, very tired. But - I look forward to going to swimming class because I don't feel nearly as tired in the water - though WHOA is my ass wiped by the time I get out.


More strokes yesterday - let's see.....so far she's taught us:
Freestyle
Whip Kick
Frog Kick
Sidestroke
Back stroke (which works the shoulders like a muthafucker)
The proper way to breathe while in water
Rolling over (from back float to front float and visversa)
And some other stuff that my brain is too floaty to remember right now.


Tonight, we are doing the bouyancy test (ohhh horrid spelling!!) and she's going to teach us how to tread water - in other words, we're going in the deep end. Yes, I'm a wee bit nervous, as I don't LIKE not being able to stand (if it's needed) but I trust Mama Whale(and yes, that's what errybody calls her) so I assume she won't let us drown.


Went out over lunch to see if I could find some noseclips - I LIKE the backstroke and the frogkick, but that whole water up the nose shite HURTS. I think I might get some goggles too - I swim VERY crooked, largely cuz I can't see, and one side of my body is stronger than the other. I really can't wait to start lifting weights - that's SOOO going to make me a better swimmer. But I've gotta wait a whole nother week. I considered starting going before classes are done, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to lift, then practice, then take classes - I don't want to over extend myself (or pull something) and I think that might be a little agressive.


So - once I leave work, I'm going to go to the place where one of my classmates got her nose clip, and get one - then I need to swing home, as i didn't bring my gear with me today, feed the kitlings and go to class.


I've definitely figured out that swimming is an cardio activity - but it's the coolest kind EVER.


And - I always said that I wasn't afraid of the water - and I'm not - but holy shit, I'm Sooooo much more comfy in the water now - I know how to move better. I definitely think that even if I stopped going to class today, and just practiced, I would be good enough to snorkle - ooohhh... that might be another inbetween reward for me - taking SCUBA classes!


Ah yes, also - by the end of the summer, I'm going to be a strawberry blond, without a doubt. With dark brown roots. *shakes head* so ghetto.


I'm leaping from topic to topic - maybe it's the lemonade cuz I actually FEEL kinda *whooowhoooowhoooooloopy*  *zoooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm!*


Umm... yeah - there was a lady in the pool last night (as I got there at the very end of adult Swim (all kids out of the pool!!)) who was a GREAT swimmer. I mean, she was doing laps like nobody's business. I wanna be able to swim like HER someday *nodsnods* yup - that's me goal.


I've sternly resisted weighing myself - I KNOW I haven't lost anything - but just being active makes me feel better  - and that's what really matters , right? \


Ugh! I ate a salad (yuummm) and drank about 3/4 of a lemonade, and I feel - like I'm on uppers. I mean, if it's blood sugar, it must be bouncing like a damn yo-yo. And I'm getting a headache. Ugh.


Must drink more water.

No comments: