Friday, June 17, 2005

Yaay!!

Thanks Merciful Minerva it's FRIDAY!!! Though, once again, it doesn't feel Fridayish - not sure why. Maybe because I'm on 24/7 on-call support this weekend? *shrugs* No clue.


*sniff* My hands smell like Play-Doh. I've no clue why, or what the smell actually is, but they do.


I was grumpy yesterday - I went to try and donate blood, and because I had a Nigerian boyfriend back in college, I'm PERMANENTLY deferred - as in, if I ever want to give blood, I'll have to not mention the hot sex with the African Boy. *sigh* I wonder if I showed them bloodwork paperwork, they would un-defer me. *sigh* I don't know - it just sucks, that's all.


Me and C are thinking about getting an inflatable pool - we saw an ad from BigLots for a 10X13 plastic pool for 14 bucks. We could stick it out in the front patio area, and fill it up - I can forsee a lovely floaty summer in our future.


Yesterday was the last day of swimming classes *pout* I really had fun - managed to SWIM 4 laps - so that's an 1/8th a mile.....not TOOO damn bad, for only two weeks of classes.  I've learned that I favor my right side, that you shouldn't laugh underwater, no matter how much fun you are having, and that it's really, really hard to put your booty on the floor.


I think that I might STILL go to the gym next week - for the last few days, the on-call phone hasn't rung while I was at class, AND - I realized that the Y has wireless connections in the front area - so, I could go and workout (at least lift weights) and keep the phone on me - if it goes off, I can grab my computer out of the car, log on through the hub, either solve the issue quickly and get back to my workout, or wrap things up and go home so that I can focus on solving whatever the issue might be. I STILL don't think that there is anyway for me to swim and still be notified - I need to take it to the pool and call the phone to see if it rings loudly enough that I could hear it while I was swimming.  *nods* I'm DEFINITELY going Monday then - just to see, if nothing else.


*does the loopy swirly happy mermaid dance*


It's FRIDAY, it's FRIDAY!!!

No comments: