Tuesday, June 7, 2005

generic babble

Umm... let's see. Enough body consiousness for one day, kay?


Went to lunch - we are not going to mention the place that has noname, but DAMN them Filet-O-Fishes is good. Okay - one more body related thing. I'm going to unabashedly pig out the rest of this week, without a scrap of shame. Then, I'm going to get back on track, and start BRINGING my damn lunches to work again. It's nice enough that I can eat outside - and with a good book - really, what else is needed, hmmm?


Okay - anyhow - went to lunch, and noticed a thrift store. Knowing that I wanted a gym only coverup, I went in there (and dammit - more body stuff) as I went through the racks, realized that they had some REALLY nice stuff. I'm talking Harve Benard, Jones New York, Express - the whole kitand kaboodle - for under 5 bucks a piece. Humph - yet another reason to get slim - I LOOOOVVVEEE clothes.  There's another good piece of motivation.


Oh hell, I'll just give up on the non-body related entry attempt now.


I've got a dress at home - I love, love, love it. Purchased it in Geneva - it's a funky pale pink and chocolate brown print (both colors that I look DREAMY in) and a soft, stretchy fabric. I couldn't resist getting it - even though it didn't REALLY fit then. I mean, I could wear it, as long as it was open, and I had a hot tamale of an outfit that I put together around. We aren't even going to TALK about how much it doesn't fit anymore now - once I can fit THAT dress, I'll really feel like I've hit a goal. Hmmm.....must think of reward.


I've noticed something - everytime I switch cities, I gain weight. I can move around in the same city, and be fine - or even continue to lose - but when I move long distance, it's like the pounds 'magically' appear. I suspect it's a combination of stress, losing track of what I normally do because I'm so 'busy', as well as the long 'downtime' it takes for me to get comfy in a new place. It took me two YEARS to get back on the ball when I moved to Indy - so 3 months for the move to Memphis isn't that dang bad.


Is the day over yet? I've got errands to run before I go to gym. Let's see.... I need to:
1) Go to library - give them like 20 bucks (I console myself by thinking, it's still LESS than the cost of one hardcover book) and get the book of the month for my bookclub, and Jules' recommended book. If I really dig it, I'll get it online somewheres.
2) Go home, take pictures. I need me in a swimsuit, and the pictures of my dress, and if I have a little more time, I might try to find my 'goal' body picture.
3) Wash & dry my thriftstore coverup - I think they clean them, but it still has that 'thriftstore smell'.


Okay - that's not much to be done in an hour and a half....I want to get to the pool around 6:30 - that's when the kiddie class starts - and give myself an hour of practice. I'mma be SOOOOOOOOOO pruny.


 




 


Work is dullishness times 500. I've realized that I have a very low tolerance for whinging, bullshit, and slow-as-mud-people. I'm intelligent, I know that, and sometimes I have to wonder - am I REALLY crazy/too logical/too quick to get to the meat of something, or do other people get some sort of reassurance/pleasure in going around the mulberry bush? I mean damn. You ahve a problem, you find the simplest/fastest solution, you implement the fix. If the solution is going to take two days of painstaking work - AND it's the simplest solution - why are you whinging? Sit your ass down, and do the work. Sheesh. Bitch sessions are SOOOO not profitable. Then again, that might be a side effect of my rearing. Whinging was unheard. If I whined about/for something - I AUTOMATICALLY didn't get it. Period. End of discussion. Momma didn't believe in manipulation - and it was clear who had the power in OUR relationship. So I learned to either make it better, or live with it - but there was NO use in complaining about something that CANNOT be changed, cuz it was just a waste of time. Bleh. and then the things people PICK to complain about always seem to be the things that CANNOT be changed - and they casually ignore trying to fix the things that CAN be changed - but take effort. And oooohhh lord - I'm not pointing fingers cuz heaven knows I DO the same thing - but at least I have the decency to either keep it to myself or spew it out all over OD.


4:02. 43 minutes left. and today, I HAVE the car. YES!

No comments: