Wednesday, June 1, 2005

I did good!!

So - this evening, despite me trying to talk myself out of it by saying that I had forgotten the little one-day free pass....then realizing that I planned on getting the dang membership ANYWAY, it didn't really matter, now did it? So I went.


It's NICE. Clearly an older Y, but small, not very busy AT all, and the front desk guy was FIOOOONE. OOh. Just a lovely little dollop of creamy caramel muscleliness. Yum. They've got a roomy sized pool, a very well supplied weight room (string weights rather than free, which is fine with me) a nice selection of aerobic equipment (which I NEVER plan on using, ever ever ever) and a nice selection of group classes (for free!)


So - I'm excited. The classes are two weeks straight, 4 days a week. I'm debating if I should go right after I get off of work, or if I should come home, relax for a second, then go to classes. I think that I should go straight there, work out/swim a little before class, and then come home and chill til C calls me. And then, of course, once he gets car, it'll be so much much easier.


So - I'm thinking of signing up for personal fitness training  - I KNOW that I want/need to lift weights (I love weights, even if I don't learn how to swim, the weights alone would be worth it) and I figure I might as well learn how to do them RIGHT, right? and maybe I'll scoop up a copy of  "Body for Life for Women" that Jules has been talking about.


So - I'm putting together a pair of workout outfits. That way, I'll have one clean one every day - and even if I 'forget' part - the gym is only five or so minutes away from home, so I can always go home and pick up my stuff.


*grin* and it's ONLY 40 bucks a month! And it's a month by month contract, so I can always back out if I decide that I'm too fine for my Y, I can quit. Which I expect a round robin episode of OD buttkicking if that happens, and I don't have a damn good reason.


Umm... I think that's about it. Should I start tomorrow?


Why not?

No comments: