Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Twosday

When I was little, that's how I always spelled it - Twosday. I mean, it made sense right? Second day of the week and all? And it certainly seemed more phonectically correct that Tuesday. I also have issues spelling tomorrow....I have to focus to remember - one m, two r's.......alcohol is another one - I wanna mix up that c and h so badly.


Okay. I went to the first swimming class last night - FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!!!! I had just shiteloads of fun man - I seriously think that it might take just ONE series of classes for me to learn how to swim. And, I can practice before class, so my thing is going to be - go home, feed cats, change into suit, grab a LIGHT bite to eat, go to gym, pratice for an hour before class, be in class for an hour, come home, shower (my hair didn't turn green!! Yaaayyy!!!), dry off, straighten up house, pick up C - and here's the hard part - GO TO BED. 


I was WIDE awake until 2:30 this morning. I'm talking bright eyed and bushy tailed. The only reason I actually went to bed is because I knew that if I didn't get at LEAST five hours of sleep, I would be D.E.A.D today. So, dragged my butt to bed. Still didn't wanna get up this morning - but BOY that rush of energy was interesting.


So - swimming class. If you LIKE the water even a little bit, and want to know how to swim correctly (she's teaching us five different strokes - there are only three people in my class - two of us who don't know whow to swim, one who does, but wants to brush up because he's in a triathalon this summer), breathe correctly, all of that stuff - take a class at your local Y!!! I can FLOAT on my back now!!! *LOL* I just never had my head low enough in the water. I really like it - the class is small enough that I don't feel as bad making a fool of myself - and because I can practice alone - heck the pool was virtually DESERTED by the time I left. *bounces* And MAN! What a workout - I was practing the 'proper' leg kicks, and I could FEEL my thighs burning. I'm looking forward to laps. Dude. *grin* I've almost got the hang of a backstoke too - if I could just learn how to NOT sink under water (I'm a very low floater) and get water up me nose. Practice, Practice, Practice!!!


I also might have to start eating breakfast - I had a normal dinner after class, and some hot milk and cookies shortly before I went to bed (yeah, I was THAT awake) and I'm hungry this morning. *grins* Go metabolism go! I'm going to start weighing myself every Monday too - I can't BELIEVE I've gained almost ALLLLL of my weight back. *sobs* *shakes head* To look at me, you would NEVER think that I needed to lose ONE HUNDRED POUNDS in order to be a 'proper' weight for my height - and even that puts me at the HIGH end of the BMI range. Can you imagine? I don't think I would EXSIST if I lost 100 pounds. Shit. Either that, or I'm in some SERIOUS denial (which is a strong possibility as well.) I would be like a size 2.....seriously. I mean shit, I'm only an 18 now - 100 pounds? Even ASSUMING it's 15 pounds a size (or is it ten)....hmmm.......I need to find that formula I had. Hah! Found it!



First, take your weight in pounds and multiply it by 0.118. The result is value A.
Next, take your age in years and multiply it by 0.059. The result is value B.
Third, take your height in inches and multiply it by 0.298. The result is value C.
Finally, calculate:
(A + B) - C + 11.11 = approximate size
Check it by putting in what you weigh now, and then fiddle with the weight side and see approximately how much you might have to lose to get where you want to be sizewise.


I thought this was an interesting little tool. Based on what I weigh now, it puts me at a  20 - which......isn't tooo far off - a size up (I think - but I refuse to go clothes shopping, so I'm not sure). If I wanna get down to a 10/8 (which is my goal) according to this I'd have to weigh - 125 pounds. Holy Shite. 100 pounds.


I think that tonight, before I go to class, I'll set up the tripod and take some swimsuit pictures. This is the start of me really walking that path again. And once I learn HOW to swim, I'm going to start alternating that and weights - and I'll take a new picture every four weeks - they are worth a thousand words, ya know.......

No comments: