Friday, June 10, 2005

Odd....

For some reason, it doesn't QUITE feel like Friday. Not sure why.


Blah - see, this is why my job drives me batty. I get here at 8:45, and by 9:30 I've finished doing everything that I HAVE to do everyday, and for the rest of the day I wait, and hope for something to go wrong that I can work on fixing. Bleh. Or, I work on creating documentation of some sort or another - it drives me BATTY.


Anyhow, today, I figured that I needed to put together a weightlifting workout for myself, and since I know that my main focus is going to be swimming (and I'm SOOOO damn weak!) that it would make sense to find a workout aimed AT swimmers. I figure that way, it won't over strain/over work any of the muscles I have to use to swim, but at the same time, it'll give me a good outline of how to increase my strength. So - I've spent most of the morning (since around 9:45) looking that up online, putting it into Excel, and creating a guide and a log so that when I go to the gym, I have something quick and easy to keep track of stuff with. My last step was making two sided copies - one side has the exercises, with the sets & reps on it, and the other side has the log so that I can keep track of when/how much I'm stepping it up. 
The schedule that I have is a 20 week schedule - so that's about 5 months. I've no clue what I'll switch to after that - maybe after I read Body for Life (I couldn't find the 'For Women' copy at the library - maybe I'll swing by a bookstore tonight and pick it up) I'll have a better idea of what else I can do. Hmm....maybe I'll take a break from the weights and start taking classes. I watched a bit of the Yoga class last night, and that looked fun too....


I was debating whether or not I should go and lift weights tonight, as we don't have a swim class. Speaking of which - they cut our class short last night because of lightening. Me and Caramuscle Deluxe hada conversation about the likelihood of someone getting hit by lightening in an INDOOR pool, but I was sooo ready to go home that I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. But, I've decided that I'm going to stick to my original plan and wait until classes are over.  I'm a little more sore today - mostly on my left side - clearly because I've had to work it harder in order for it to keep up with my right. So, tonight I'm going to go home, and put on my swimsuit and take the pictures that I said I was going to take at like the beginning of the week.  I need to go grocery shopping as well - I'm going to go back on Atkins Sunday (clean induction) and we don't have nearly enough veggies in the house. *thinks* What else? Oh yeah! I read an article that said that swimming can actually SLOW weight loss - the cold water actually ramps UP your appetite - which I've noticed, as by the time I get home, I'm sooooo hungry - so I'm going to have to be really careful and closely monitor what I eat for dinner, and make sure that I'm not overeating - esp. considering that I'm usually eating around 9 or so. *thinks*


I need to lay out a schedule for myself - weights are easy - I can go straight to the gym right after work, no matter what time I get off. Swimming though - I think I might have to go between 5:30 and 6:30, or wait until 8:30 when the pool is free again. I REALLLLLLY don't want to wait until that late though - just getting out of class at 8:30 is painful enough....I certainly don't wanna be pulling myself out of the pool at 9:30 - even when I don't have to go and pick up C anymore.


Ohh!! I almost forgot!! We did the bouyancy test last night, and for the FIRST TIME I got in the deep end of the pool. It was still kinda scary - as I kept saying 'I'm still a big fat wuss' but it was fun as HELL. I think because I'm more comfy with the whole being in water thing - I know that as long as I keep my head on straight and DON'T panic (like trying to breathe while underwater) I WILL be able to float up to the surface and breathe - and I can move my arms (not quite so good with the legs) so that I can get to the wall - and if worse comes to worse - I know how to roll over on my back, and frogkick to the wall/ladder. So - yeah, additional boost of confidence there.


It's actualyl kinda odd - being HUNGRY around lunch time, instead of being able to just float through half of the day without thinking about food. So - off to my last naughty lunch for a while. :)

No comments: